Question PC is randomly forcing shutdown during load (no bsod just a reboot from bios)

Apr 29, 2024
+ was added or changed after crashing started
* crashing happens with component swapped or disconnected
$ pc upgrade that caused the crashing

PC Build:
  • Windows 10 $
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • HP RX 580 4gb
  • Tuf b450m-plus gaming
  • 2x16gb Patriot 3200Mhz Ram *$
  • Asus PCE-AX3000 Bluetooth/Wifi card +
  • Tuf gaming 750W Gold PSU +
  • Kingston NV2 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe $
  • Kingston 960GB A400 SATA3 2.5" Internal SSD *$
  • 4TB Hard Drive * (Note: This drive has an installation of windows 11 on it)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PC is randomly forcing shutdown during load (no bsod just a reboot from bios)
How are you cooling the processor? As for your build, have you tried working with one stick of ram? BIOS version for your motherboard? Remove our upgrades from the system and see if you're able to boot to OS.

Yo might want to try and work with a spare drive with a clean installation of Windows 10.

Just an FYI, you should pass on two sets of specs, one for before your upgrades and one for after upgardes.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
+ was added or changed after crashing started
* crashing happens with component swapped or disconnected
$ pc upgrade that caused the crashing

PC Build:
  • Windows 10 $
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • HP RX 580 4gb
  • Tuf b450m-plus gaming
  • 2x16gb Patriot 3200Mhz Ram *$
  • Asus PCE-AX3000 Bluetooth/Wifi card +
  • Tuf gaming 750W Gold PSU +
  • Kingston NV2 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe $
  • Kingston 960GB A400 SATA3 2.5" Internal SSD *$
  • 4TB Hard Drive * (Note: This drive has an installation of windows 11 on it)
Do the "problem" components draw more current than your previous configuration? I see that you replaced the power supply, which is one thing I would have suggested. Windows 10 was an ugprade from what?

Apr 29, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PC is randomly forcing shutdown during load (no bsod just a reboot from bios)
How are you cooling the processor? As for your build, have you tried working with one stick of ram? BIOS version for your motherboard? Remove our upgrades from the system and see if you're able to boot to OS.

Yo might want to try and work with a spare drive with a clean installation of Windows 10.

Just an FYI, you should pass on two sets of specs, one for before your upgrades and one for after upgardes.
Processor is cooled with the stock wraith cooler temps dont hit above 60c on a stress test atm. I have tried working with a single ram stick connected to the motherboard with 6 different sticks. Patriot 4gb 2400mhz (2 different sticks) 4gb 2666mhz (2 different sticks) and 16gb 3200mhz (2 different sticks) I will try to remove upgrades and boot off of the original hard drive, however I have clean installed windows 3 times. I tried to put a before and after but it was flagged for spam.

Before | After
Patriot 2x4Gb 2400Mhz + 2x4Gb 2666Mhz | 2x16Gb 3200 Mhz
4TB Seagate HDD | 4TB Seagate HDD + 1TB 2.5" Kingstom SSD + 1TB Kingston nvme
500W Bronze | 750W Gold

Apr 29, 2024
Do the "problem" components draw more current than your previous configuration? I see that you replaced the power supply, which is one thing I would have suggested. Windows 10 was an ugprade from what?
Windows 10 wouldve been a downgrade from 11. The components do draw more and I figured it was the PSU but it was crashing previously with a 500W Bronze and I replaced that with a 750W Gold.

TRENDING THREADS