Question PC is suddenly running games slow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 15, 2023
I'm still getting the massive slowdown in games that previously ran flawlessly, such as Jedi: Fallen Order and Deep Rock Galactic.

I don't think it's a RAM issue. This happens no matter which drive the game runs on.

Apr 15, 2023
OK that's better this may have nothing to do with the game problem it is just fixing an area that ubm shows has a problem.

Next step use task mgr/startup and disable everything.
Reboot and run ubm after waiting a few mins.
"Everything" such as...?

All non-Windows programs?

Apr 15, 2023
And when I disable most things and run the benchmark, the benchmarks has no results at the end because "cannot detect SSD."

And I'm still getting 33% CPU usage despite Discord, Steam, all that being ended.

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
I bought a game on Steam (Wartales), and tried to play it. That's the first game I saw having the frame issues. Since then, other games I tried to run have had similar problems.

I tried resetting it. Earliest reset point is the 11th of April. When I do that and it restarts after resetting, it bluescreens and says "critical process died."
You should check out a utility aptly named 'why so slow'. It's from the same people that brought you Who Crashed (a great utility btw), and it might help you find the culprit.

Apr 15, 2023
You should check out a utility aptly named 'why so slow'. It's from the same people that brought you Who Crashed (a great utility btw), and it might help you find the culprit.
I ran it while playing Fallen Order, which reliably chugged.
Afterward, I ran the "analyze" feature... and it told me nothing is wrong with my system.

Apparently, UserBenchmark is now broken for me, as it says "incomplete" on all three things at the top.

I ran it while playing Fallen Order, which reliably chugged.
Afterward, I ran the "analyze" feature... and it told me nothing is wrong with my system.

Apparently, UserBenchmark is now broken for me, as it says "incomplete" on all three things at the top.
Go back and enable the startup items see if ubm will now function.

Post a screenshot of the startup items.

Remove the flash stick from the mix.
Enable the startup items.
It is important to run ubm proper.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run ubm with the browser closed.

Apr 15, 2023
You can't run ubm like that in the middle of a session it may or may not function correct.
I don't run it during my games, that would skew the results. The most I may run is iCUE for temperature, or Game Bar's resource tracker to monitor usage.