[SOLVED] Pc issues: Perhaps related to the Audio Drivers

Jun 19, 2019
Recently did a completely new build. Upon booting it up and downloading all the required drivers, I didn't have too many issues until a day later.

When using my PC, at random times, it will freeze up. The audio will distort and kind of stretch out. After 5-10 seconds, the PC will return to normal, minus any audio, but my computer will display the "What component did you plug in?" Front Speaker

I've tried Re-installing Windows 10, deleting Audio Drivers(And every other driver), formatting my HDDs and even going without any speakers/headphones plugged in at all. The issue continues to persist.

Specs:
Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1070 Ti - FE Founder's Edition

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Blackout Edition
Logitech G430 Headset

Solution
So is it asking if you plugged anything in with out you plugging anything in?

If so it could possibly be the front panel plug for headphones and stuff, the rear panel (if you have a plug there or the audio chip itself on the motherboard from the hardware perspective. I would recommend reseating the front panel and those audio/other connectors and check for bad wire cracks.

If not hardware than from software side could be the special "gaming" sound quality surround space they put on mobo from the factory if so a good start would be to download an uninstalled if asus has one and then download the drivers from their official motherboard of your model support site. But I assume you did that since you did a full reinstall.

Last resort...

kosanovskiy

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2013
So is it asking if you plugged anything in with out you plugging anything in?

If so it could possibly be the front panel plug for headphones and stuff, the rear panel (if you have a plug there or the audio chip itself on the motherboard from the hardware perspective. I would recommend reseating the front panel and those audio/other connectors and check for bad wire cracks.

If not hardware than from software side could be the special "gaming" sound quality surround space they put on mobo from the factory if so a good start would be to download an uninstalled if asus has one and then download the drivers from their official motherboard of your model support site. But I assume you did that since you did a full reinstall.

Last resort going back to point 1 is RMA the mobo as the audio chipset or one of the connectors may not be working correctly.

Solution