Question Pc issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterslime

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
Hello peeps, first time poster so I apologize for the long thread. I'm trying to upgrade a pc I had laying around and its been nothing but issues. Now I used the pc for a bit but switched it out with another one I had so i know the pc works. I tried to upgrade from an intel celeron to an i7 6700, which the board says its compatible with, but everytime i put the i7 it doesn't work but when i reinstall the celeron i have no issues. The i7 will give me lots of bosd errors from kmode to system to turbo. My guess is the cpu is no good and ill have to return it but before i do i wanna use up all possible options. Any help with this is appreciated. The specs are a b250m gaming pro mb (ms-7a65), vengeance lpx ddr4, i7-6700 or Intel celeron, xpg atom 30 500gb nvme 1.3 m.2 and a pny 120gb ssd. I've tried installing on both drives and get the same issue when trying the i7. I also tried 2 different psu and 2 different set of ram. TIA

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
The only guess is you to try to update to the lastest bios version. Despite of that and as you mention that the sistem works fine with the celeron, probably as you say, you have a bad cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.