Question PC Issues

Jan 28, 2023
Hi, I have this old pc that i use to play csgo on bc I don't really play any other games, I'm a 10+ year vet in csgo and recently my pc has been freezing up from 5m-30m of turning it on, to restart it I have to unplug or switch off the psu because it wont turn off with the power button. i left it for a while and have tried to figure out what the problem is but just cant seem to figure it out, now when i turn it on there's no post or anything and no devices connected to the motherboard or gpu show power output. i was wondering if anybody can help me with these issues. i changed parts like 2 years ago and havent had a problem in the 10+ years ive used this pc until now.
Parts:
Mobo: Asus M5a97 LE 2.0
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4x4
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500w
CPU: Im not sure tbh i did switch it recently though and the problem for sure isnt the cpu because after i switched it, it was still running fine
GPU: nvidia geforce gtx 970
Storage: i have a 500gb hdd with all my regular files and games like terraria on it that dont require heavy power, 128gb SSD with windows 10 and csgo+rust on it

Hi, I have this old pc that i use to play csgo on bc I don't really play any other games, I'm a 10+ year vet in csgo and recently my pc has been freezing up from 5m-30m of turning it on, to restart it I have to unplug or switch off the psu because it wont turn off with the power button. i left it for a while and have tried to figure out what the problem is but just cant seem to figure it out, now when i turn it on there's no post or anything and no devices connected to the motherboard or gpu show power output. i was wondering if anybody can help me with these issues. i changed parts like 2 years ago and havent had a problem in the 10+ years ive used this pc until now.
Parts:
Mobo: Asus M5a97 LE 2.0
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4x4
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500w
CPU: Im not sure tbh i did switch it recently though and the problem for sure isnt the cpu because after i switched it, it was still running fine
GPU: nvidia geforce gtx 970
Storage: i have a 500gb hdd with all my regular files and games like terraria on it that dont require heavy power, 128gb SSD with windows 10 and csgo+rust on it
Your psu is shot promise that... Thermaltakes smart psu line is trash.... And amazing it lasted 10 yrs however CSGO dos t challenge most parts of the PC so not much stress put behind it