[SOLVED] PC just keeps restarting every couple of seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2020
I cleaned my PC earlier, nothing major just a quick clean cause I had it open anyway to check my ssd cause I plan on getting another one. I also removed one of the RAM sticks and out it right back in because despite having this computer for over a year I've never actually taken them out and wanted to try it. After closing the case and plugging everything back in I went to boot it up and although the fans started and lights went on my screen was black and after a couple seconds it shut off and then restarted, if left powered it just constantly boots up and restarts. Any help would be much appreciated.

Dec 25, 2020
try taking that ram stick out again and reseat it

full system spec? include psu

I've tried taking the ram out and putting it back in, saw on a different thread that sometimes moving it to a different slot works so even tried that.

Specs:
GTX 1070
i5-6600k
2x HyperX Fury 8gb DDR4 2400mhz
Thermaltake Smart 500w

Dec 25, 2020
try taking that ram stick out again and reseat it

full system spec? include psu

Thank you so much actually, I went back in and just tried moving the ram again and I guess the first time I hadn't fully put it in all the way even though I thought I had. I'm a bit of a dummy when I comes to computer stuff and I was really stumped by this so glad I went to the internet for help and didn't just immediately take it to some repair place since it was something so simple

Status
Not open for further replies.