[SOLVED] PC keep Rebooting after buying new 1070 ti

Aug 27, 2019
Bought new 1070ti and noticed it kept rebooting. Researched and found out my 500w psu couldn't handle my pc. I bought a 600w psu and downloaded the nvidia drivers and now it reboots about 20 minutes of being on. 600w was shown to be more then fine as well. I'm panicking cause I spent a lot of money on the gpu and want to make sure its not a problen with the card.

My build is a Ryzen 5 2600x, zotac 1070ti mini, 4x4 ddr4 2400. My psu is a evga 600w bq and i jsut got it today so i can return it if ot the psu. If it is the psu what would be a good one for this build?

Last edited:
Solution
You have sufficient airflow through the case?

Run GPU-Z. Make sure you have an actual 1070Ti.

If you are stable in safe mode, try a clean boot environment and add items back one at a time for testing.

When doing a clean install of the graphics driver, install only the graphics driver, and (if needed) HDMI sound.

You can try a previous driver. Clean uninstall with DDU. If windows still tries to download 411.96 as default, try that.

In device manager, enable View/show hidden devices. Delete your old entries that no longer apply.

A registry cleaner may show you leftover entries.

In the NVidia control panel, set Debug mode on to test the card at stock clocks.
Aug 27, 2019
A system reboot does sound like a PSU issue, but that EVGA PSU model is an okay average unit. Try to reseat all the PC components, and make sure all cables are connected properly. Have you checked your system RAM as well ?

Take out 1 stick, and then re-test the PC.
I try that out when i get home, but should my powersupply be able to power my system? Or could this be an issue with the gpu?

koson123

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
600 should be fine i am running the same psu with higher power consumption
oced i7-6700k
16gb ddr4
5hdd
1ssd
oced vega 56
as mentioned check if cables and compnents are seated properly. get hwinfo and check cpu, gpu, ram temps. reinstall drivers(use ddu for gpu driver). try running in safe mode for a bit before reinstalling drivers to see if drivers are the problem

Aug 27, 2019
600 should be fine i am running the same psu with higher power consumption
oced i7-6700k
16gb ddr4
5hdd
1ssd
oced vega 56
as mentioned check if cables and compnents are seated properly. get hwinfo and check cpu, gpu, ram temps. reinstall drivers(use ddu for gpu driver). try running in safe mode for a bit before reinstalling drivers to see if drivers are the problem
I'm in safe mode right now, and I have a question on your instructions. Do I wait to see if it reboots and if it doesn't its the drivers that are causing the problem? I already have ddu because I had to delete my radeon graphics for nvidia drivers.

While typing this I tried opening malwarebytes in safe mode and I froze. I'm stuck on what to do. Only using 2 ram sticks didnt work either and i also checked my wires.

You have sufficient airflow through the case?

Run GPU-Z. Make sure you have an actual 1070Ti.

If you are stable in safe mode, try a clean boot environment and add items back one at a time for testing.

When doing a clean install of the graphics driver, install only the graphics driver, and (if needed) HDMI sound.

You can try a previous driver. Clean uninstall with DDU. If windows still tries to download 411.96 as default, try that.

In device manager, enable View/show hidden devices. Delete your old entries that no longer apply.

A registry cleaner may show you leftover entries.

In the NVidia control panel, set Debug mode on to test the card at stock clocks.

Solution