Question Pc keeps blacking out

Jan 15, 2024
I’ve been having some issues recently with my pc and I was wonder If anyone could help. When playing specific games like rainbow six siege or the finals my game will just suddenly go to black and then the fans will max out. I tried asking on the Microsoft forums but did not receive much help so I was hoping here would be better. It doesn’t seem to be a heat issue as I’ve checked it but I’m just so confused now I’d really appreciate the help

My pcs components are
CPU: i9-12900k
CPU cooler: nzxt kraken x73
Mobo: Z690-F
PSU: ROG Strix 1200w gold aura
32GB Corsair vengeance ram
Case: Phanteks nv7 with 12 d30 120 fans
And windows 11

MatheusNRei

Great
Jan 15, 2024
Did you check the Graphics Card to see if it's properly seated on the slot?
And the cables?
It could be that it's disconnecting ever so slightly and causing you to lose video...
Is the card new?
And the monitor?
The only time I've personally seen this happen was by overheating, which genuinely doesn't seem to be the case here.
It has to be something else.

Jan 15, 2024
I’ve reseated the graphics card recently and I’ve put the cable back in. The card is about 6 months old max and the monitor is a 4k one. I can send images of the cables if you’d like

MatheusNRei

Great
Jan 15, 2024
Bit of a long shot but are you using the latest stable drivers for your graphics card?

Oh and as for the BIOS, the version you're using is usually listed somewhere in the BIOS setup menu ( just press delete while your pc is booting) and the motherboard manufacturer's website will usually have a list of BIOS versions for your motherboard along with the release date of each version.

You can also check overclock settings on the BIOS setup menu.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You can use an app like CPU-Z to determine what BIOS version is installed. Look in the main board tab.

You can also just look in the BIOS by accessing after power up (press DEL or F2).

Assuming this is your motherboard, BIOS versions can be found here:

Jan 15, 2024
You can use an app like CPU-Z to determine what BIOS version is installed. Look in the main board tab.

You can also just look in the BIOS by accessing after power up (press DEL or F2).

That may have had something to do with it. I just came back to this as I had to order a usb to update the bios but it turns out my version was 2200 something and the new one was 3101. If the crash happens again I’ll return to this thread but if not then thank you so much for your help

Jan 15, 2024

That may have had something to do with it. I just came back to this as I had to order a usb to update the bios but it turns out my version was 2200 something and the new one was