Question PC Keeps connecting and disconnecting unknown USB device

• Thread starter Deleted member 2783327
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2783327

24 hours ago this started... Every few seconds the device connected and then device disconnected sound plays on this Windows 10 PC. Devices and Printers shows an unknown USB device connecting then disconnecting (Yellow triangle appears then disappears). If the device removed it is recreated a few seconds later. Looking at the properties there are no hardware details and all we see is error code 22.

There is a USB keyboard and mouse connected via the rear USB ports. Headphones connected to a front USB port. All devices work fine. The mouse doesn't stop then start, nor does the keyboard and sound is normal through the headphones.

Inside the PC a HX750i PSU has a USB connection to the motherboard so its details can be monitored via Corsairlink. But I've tried disconnecting that cable.

Most websites just say to reinstall USB drivers so I've done that by reinstalling the PCs Chipset driver.

We tried disconnecting the three USB devices but the issue persists. We also tried disconnecting the front USB ports from the motherboard.

Windows 10 1809 x64. LTSC.
Motherboard is Z390 Phantom Gaming 6. (Z390 boards are almost impossible to source now).
I could try to warranty the board, but MSY who I bought it from refuse to honor the warranty. ASRock doesn't have a presence in Australia and said that I could send it back to taiwan. Either way, I'm told it will be 12-16 weeks before I get the issue resolved.

Any ideas on how to isolate the issue?

24 hours ago this started... Every few seconds the device connected and then device disconnected sound plays on this Windows 10 PC. Devices and Printers shows an unknown USB device connecting then disconnecting (Yellow triangle appears then disappears). If the device removed it is recreated a few seconds later. Looking at the properties there are no hardware details and all we see is error code 22.

There is a USB keyboard and mouse connected via the rear USB ports. Headphones connected to a front USB port. All devices work fine. The mouse doesn't stop then start, nor does the keyboard and sound is normal through the headphones.

Inside the PC a HX750i PSU has a USB connection to the motherboard so its details can be monitored via Corsairlink. But I've tried disconnecting that cable.

Most websites just say to reinstall USB drivers so I've done that by reinstalling the PCs Chipset driver.

We tried disconnecting the three USB devices but the issue persists. We also tried disconnecting the front USB ports from the motherboard.

Windows 10 1809 x64. LTSC.
Motherboard is Z390 Phantom Gaming 6. (Z390 boards are almost impossible to source now).
I could try to warranty the board, but MSY who I bought it from refuse to honor the warranty. ASRock doesn't have a presence in Australia and said that I could send it back to taiwan. Either way, I'm told it will be 12-16 weeks before I get the issue resolved.

Any ideas on how to isolate the issue?
Have you tried another usb port or cable

D

Deleted member 2783327

Have you tried another usb port or cable

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

USB Port or cable for what? With no USB devices connected (either internally or externally), the symptoms persist.
If you could please be more specific, I'd be happy to give anything a try at this point.

Inside the PC a HX750i PSU has a USB connection to the motherboard so its details can be monitored via Corsairlink. But I've tried disconnecting that cable. "May have been having issues reading on old port and kept disconnecting. Using a new port help"

D

Deleted member 2783327

I have a few spare Corsair USB cables for PSus, so I did replace the cable. That didn't change anything. There are two USB headers on the motherboard. One goes to the Corsair PSU the other to the case front ports. I tried both ports and I have also completely removed the USB cable. It's not the USB cable or the PSU that's causing the issue. Nor the case's cable that feeds the case ports. That's disconnected too. With absolutely no USB devices connected the connect/disconnect just goes on endlessly.