[SOLVED] PC Keeps freezing for a few Seconds (HDD Issue)

Nov 17, 2019
I have been trying to find solution for this random freezing problem in my PC since 2 months but never found it.
My PC randomly freezes for few seconds and when happens, the mouse cursor is movable but other processes completely freeze. It freezes mostly when I play games(SAMP, COD 2),it rarely freezes when i am watching movies, programming(not gaming). I tried opening up my case and found out that before freezing, my HDD(SeaGate Barracuda 2TB) makes a squeeky noise. I did all Hard disk scans, run disk checks and i found no bad sectors. The problem still persisted. So I bought a new HDD (Seagate barrauda 1 TB) and thought the problem would be fixed. But no, even the newly bought hard disk started freezing(The latest model one didn't make the sqeaky noise but it froze). I thought maybe the problem was the SATA Cables and changed them, but still problem persisted. What might be the issue? Help would be appreciated. The temperatures are completely fine (55C - 60C)

My PC Specs are:
Graphics Card - Geforce GT 710
Mobo - Gygabite GA 945GCM S2L Motherboard
RAM - 3 GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Yeah I know, the specs are seriously low end, but it used to work super fine and i just play some low end games, do coding and watch movies, thats it.
Could the SATA Ports on my mobo be the issue? Could it be the power supply? Please help me out. This issue is eating my brains.

Reactions: Dyrexoo
Solution
It started hanging again. This time i thought the problem was with the PSU so I changed it. Now the old HDD works with no noises. There's been no freeze in 3 days. Problem was with the PSU. Thanks for helping me out :D
Ok.

First and most important: If you have important files on the older disk, then make backup asap. It'l probably die anytime soon.

The other thing : It's normal behaviour of Windows to stop responding if a hdd doesn't respond, usually doesn't matter if it is system drive or not. Therefore I'll recommend you remove the old dd once you've getting to the point there is no important files that only exist on the old hdd.

May 4, 2020
I have been trying to find solution for this random freezing problem in my PC since 2 months but never found it.
My PC randomly freezes for few seconds and when happens, the mouse cursor is movable but other processes completely freeze. It freezes mostly when I play games(SAMP, COD 2

Have you tracked what your hardware is doing while you play the games?
Basically, what is your CPU, GPU, and RAM performance?
(Try windows key+G and look at "Performace")

Nov 17, 2019
Ok.

First and most important: If you have important files on the older disk, then make backup asap. It'l probably die anytime soon.

The other thing : It's normal behaviour of Windows to stop responding if a hdd doesn't respond, usually doesn't matter if it is system drive or not. Therefore I'll recommend you remove the old dd once you've getting to the point there is no important files that only exist on the old hdd.
Will try it soon

Nov 17, 2019
It started hanging again. This time i thought the problem was with the PSU so I changed it. Now the old HDD works with no noises. There's been no freeze in 3 days. Problem was with the PSU. Thanks for helping me out :D

Solution