[SOLVED] pc keeps freezing while gaming with some buzzing noise that comes from the monitor

Apr 8, 2021
specs:
core i5-4590
gpu:msi rx570 4gb
motherboard:h81
ram:12gb(4-8)
hdd:1tb
ssd:128gb
psu:hp 650wat
i just got this pc one month ago and i have this proplem where it keeps freezing while i'm playing games and makes some weird buzzing voice from the monitor and to keep in mind i didnt overclock anything and i have a vga monitor so im using a display port to vga dongle i hope someone can help me with this cuz i cant even enjoy my experience and thanks to all

Solution
Ok, so that's probably where I'd start then.

Do you have access to any kind of volt meter, whether digital or analog, to be used for testing the power supply? That could be that you own one, or can buy a cheap one, or borrow one from somebody. This is where you want to start I believe.

What KIND of "VGA monitor" are we talking about here? Is this an LCD/LED display or is it a very old CRT type display/monitor?

Does your motherboard have the most recent BIOS version installed? DO you have the MOST up to date AMD display drivers installed? Have you tried using the DDU to uninstall the display drivers and then do a clean install of the latest AMD display driver version?

What is the exact model of your power supply and how long has that been in service?

Are you 150% sure the sound is coming from the monitor and not someplace else like the power supply or graphics card?

Honestly, without knowing anything else I'd say the first thing you probably need to do is try a different monitor.

Apr 8, 2021
What KIND of "VGA monitor" are we talking about here? Is this an LCD/LED display or is it a very old CRT type display/monitor?

Does your motherboard have the most recent BIOS version installed? DO you have the MOST up to date AMD display drivers installed? Have you tried using the DDU to uninstall the display drivers and then do a clean install of the latest AMD display driver version?

What is the exact model of your power supply and how long has that been in service?

Are you 150% sure the sound is coming from the monitor and not someplace else like the power supply or graphics card?

Honestly, without knowing anything else I'd say the first thing you probably need to do is try a different monitor.

i have an led display and i dont know how to check if i have the latest version of the bios and the amd driver i used to have the latest one but i downgraded cuz people said i should do that to see if the proplem would be solved but it didnt and yes i tried the ddu my power supply is from a company called delta it is used in hp prebuilt systems and im 150% sure that the voice come from my monitor

What is the exact model of your RX 570?

What is the exact model of your motherboard?

We'll assume that Delta unit is the original one which means it's probably about 7 years old. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to conjecture that a weak power supply, due to age and use, might be some or all of the problem. They certainly wear out and begin to fail over time. Unfortunately since this is an OEM system, that PSU is potentially a proprietary form factor so knowing the exact model of the power supply as it is printed on the specifications decal located on the side of the power supply would be somewhat essential in determining if you would be required to replace it with an identical unit or could go with a standard form factor aftermarket model.

Apr 8, 2021
What is the exact model of your RX 570?

What is the exact model of your motherboard?

We'll assume that Delta unit is the original one which means it's probably about 7 years old. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to conjecture that a weak power supply, due to age and use, might be some or all of the problem. They certainly wear out and begin to fail over time. Unfortunately since this is an OEM system, that PSU is potentially a proprietary form factor so knowing the exact model of the power supply as it is printed on the specifications decal located on the side of the power supply would be somewhat essential in determining if you would be required to replace it with an identical unit or could go with a standard form factor aftermarket model.
The gpu is from msi the armor version and the motherboard is h81-ac and I’ll post a photo of the psu

Photo of the PSU doesn't help much unless it's a photo of the specifications decal/information on one of the sides of the unit.

Did you buy that graphics card new or used? How long ago?

You will probably need to know the actual HP model number of your prebuilt system in order to check for any BIOS version updates being available.

Apr 8, 2021
The gpu is from msi the armor version and the motherboard is h81-ac and I’ll post a photo of the psu
Photo of the PSU doesn't help much unless it's a photo of the specifications decal/information on one of the sides of the unit.

Did you buy that graphics card new or used? How long ago?

You will probably need to know the actual HP model number of your prebuilt system in order to check for any BIOS version updates being available.
It’s not a prebuilt system just the psu is from a prebuilt system

Ok, so that's probably where I'd start then.

Do you have access to any kind of volt meter, whether digital or analog, to be used for testing the power supply? That could be that you own one, or can buy a cheap one, or borrow one from somebody. This is where you want to start I believe.

Solution