Question PC keeps going into power saving mode in safe mode

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Trying to install this game in safe mode but after 2-5 mins it goes into power saving mode and its impossible to get back in.. Doesn't happen in normal windows.. Really weird. I would install in normal windows but it always bugs out.

Its doing it in normal windows now.... Any ideas? My psu is not the issue. Recently reinstalled windows 10...

Last edited:

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
What game? why install in safe mode?
full system spec? include make and model of the psu?

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x (not overclocked)
RX5700XT - gigabyte partner card
Team T253LE240g 240gb SSD
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
2x 16gb DIMM DDR4 @2400
x470 gaming m7 ac mobo
EVGA 650w QG

Been watching temperatures on HWmonitor and CPUTIN got up to 92 degrees just while installing nothing else. Re applyed new cpu paste its up to 88 max. (both were max values) the value is sitting at 45 degrees so im guessing its spiking to 88?

5 mins later CPUTIN is 47 degrees value and 93 degrees max... CPU fan is very loud too only while installing something... 17 mins in its at 97 degree max.. Doesn't seem normal. I've played games the other day on this processor and it was fine and fan made no noises...

Turned on core temp and all cores are at 100% load for installing a game? what is going on... Now they are back to low double single figures.. Core temp only registering a max of 63 degrees interestingly.

Last edited:
Try updating your BIOS, Chipset drivers, and GPU drivers. Safe Mode installs very limited drivers and utilities, also it only runs a very low video resolution. All GPUs support that resolution and install at that setting but programsmay need other full Windows features to instal. It's possible there is a virus infecting that program.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Try updating your BIOS, Chipset drivers, and GPU drivers. Safe Mode installs very limited drivers and utilities, also it only runs a very low video resolution. All GPUs support that resolution and install at that setting but programsmay need other full Windows features to instal. It's possible there is a virus infecting that program.

Seems to be working now I reapplied some new thermal paste..

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
CPU is still overheating and causing power saving mode just in games now.. Maybe I need a new cooler for my ryzen 5 or should I pick up a new cpu in the black Friday sales. I think the overheating CPU is causing artifacting too.. Originally I thought it was the GPU which I replaced with a better cooling one.