Question Pc keeps rebooting, no blue screen

doublehunter

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2013
Hi,

ive been having trouble on this system where it keeps on restarting at random times. Below are the specs

cpu : ryzen 5 5600x
Mb : msi mag b550m bazooka
Ram: xpg d50 16gb
Gpu: zotac rtx 3070
Psu: gigabyte p650b
Ssd: crucial bx500 240gb
Windows 10

i dont see anything in event logs where it points to any failing component, it just says the system rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. Ive also updated the bios to its latest version from manufacturer’s site. The only weird thing i noticed is that in windows it says that the motherboard is b550m pro-vdh wifi. But in bios it shows the correct model. Could it be that the motherboard is faulty?

Edit: ive also tried changing ram, gpu and storage. It is still restarting even if i put a gt710 with a known working different psu.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Psu: gigabyte p650b
You should try and source another PSU, even if you met the power requirements, that unit is one of the worst known to mankind. I'd try and borrow a reliably built 750W PSU from a friend or neighbor to test out the system and see if the issue is resolved.

it says that the motherboard is b550m pro-vdh wifi. But in bios it shows the correct model. Could it be that the motherboard is faulty?
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

doublehunter

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2013
The bios version is 7C95vAB which i got from their site. However the release date shows 7-22-22 instead of 8-16-22. I also tried a known working psu and instead of the 3070, i used a gt710 and got the same results. That is why i think the psu was not the problem.

Last edited: