Question pc keeps restarting after installing a new gpu

May 12, 2020
for the pass few days i was really confused about the issue with my pc as soon as i upgraded my gpu to gtx 1080ti and psu cx 750m
the pc randomly restart by it self no error nor blue screen appears just restarts , especially when gaming or doing stress tests
even those games which i was able to run perfectly with my old gtx750ti and 450w psu

so it sounded like power issue
but just in case i deleted all old gpu drivers and installed a new one for the new gpu updated ssd frame checked if the ram was installed correctly as other hardware's and wires yet the problem still accrue even tried a new psu

i dont use rgb lights or alot of fans just
i5-6600k non-overclocked
h170-d3hmotherboard
2 fans
so nothing uses alot of power except the gpu yet the psu still should provide enough power
to prevent any shortage to cause these restarts

so i did a little bit of research and found this
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ith-new-graphics-card-please-help-me.2121506/

as soon as i saw what psu he was using i blamed the psu
but the solution thatfixed his issue was
"made 2 changes >Changed PCIe bus settings from Auto to 110>Chipset Overvolt from Auto to 1.3.> "

is it possible that my issue is because of the bios too ?
if that so what settings should i change what value for pcie and chipset overvolt fits my build ?

Brand0811

Commendable
May 26, 2020
I believe I'm having the same issue as you are. I've tried 2 different GPU's with same result. Everytime I load any kind of game that'll require the graphics the PC will restart. Wondering if you found a fix to this on your end.