[SOLVED] PC keeps restarting even after a clean shutdown ?

CmdData

Commendable
Jun 14, 2021
To clarify, when I perform a clean shutdown by going to "Start > Power > Shutdown the PC" it shuts down as usual and stays off for a few seconds (2-3). In this short window of time everything is off, fans, power supply, lights, the indicator lights, everything and then for no apparent reason it starts back up. The only way to shut my PC completely off is to turn off the PSU which is less than ideal.

I've tried turning on and off fast boot, both in bios and in the control panel under power options, I've tried turning off hibernation through registry, I've tested and tried every bios setting I could find that could be remotely related to the problem and still nothing. I've attached my current relevant bios settings, any help would be greatly appreciated :)
https://ibb.co/c3Mhzr4
Windows 11 22h2 Build 22616.100
i7-11700k @ 4.9ghz
32gb 3200hz
MSI Radeon 6600xt
Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X

Solution
resetting BIOS settings to default is normally a fix as its clearly a conflict between windows and BIOS. If PC is off, windows shouldn't have any way to turn it back on.
i've run into other Windows systems that had corrupt Shutdown\Sign-off profiles in place that caused similar issue.
the only way i could fix them was restoring to a much earlier point before the issue(s) began or to perform a fresh OS install.

if Sleep mode still works as it should you can just use that feature instead and just use Restart when needing to power cycle.

start cmd.exe as an admin
run
powercfg.exe /lastwake

could be something stupid like a usb hub waking the computer so it can charge some device. Or some network device connecting to the computer. (wireless printer, xbox, alexa device)
(or bios setting for wake on lan)

CmdData

Commendable
Jun 14, 2021