Question PC keeps restarting

Feb 10, 2021
Was playing a game when my PC shut off. I restarted my pc and it continued to say "Preparing automatic repairs" and "Diagnosing your PC". It kept trying to fix it and restarting at random points and trying again. It made it to the login screen a few times but as soon as I login, it restarts. I was able to launch safe mode thru windows RE once. As soon as I clicked the search bar it restarted. No lights staying lit on ezdebugger but once it gets to VGA it stays lit for a couple seconds before passing.

Deleted everything from HDD and SSDs and ran windows usb install but it just restarts in the middle of it.
Tried different gpu.
Tried flashing BIOS.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
MOBO: MSI Mag Tomahawk b550
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Storage: 1x Blue 2tb hd, 1x Samsung 960 evo, 1x Samsung 860 evo
GPU: Crashed with 2080 super swapped with 3070
PSU: Corsair RM750x

send help pls

Sending help will prove difficult. However - I can try to assist a little by sharing my thoughts on what might be faulty. Before that - try to answer this:
  • Have this just suddenly occurred, or have the computer have shown signs of instability earlier ?
  • Can you be specific in explaining the nature of the restarts?
  • What happens if you trying to install windows when only one storage device is connected (the one that you're installing windows onto) ?

Feb 10, 2021
Sending help will prove difficult. However - I can try to assist a little by sharing my thoughts on what might be faulty. Before that - try to answer this:
  • Have this just suddenly occurred, or have the computer have shown signs of instability earlier ?
  • Can you be specific in explaining the nature of the restarts?
  • What happens if you trying to install windows when only one storage device is connected (the one that you're installing windows onto) ?
I dropped the computer off with someone so I don't have it now.

It just suddenly occurred while playing a game. No signs earlier.

It shut off randomly. When I restarted the computer it kept cycling the "preparing automatic repairs" and "Diagnosing your PC" message. It seemed as if interacting with windows would cause a restart. It would restart as soon as I would try to log in. If it made it that far. Whenever I tried to disable the automatic restart, it tried to disable it but would restart. Booting in safe mode would cause it to restart. I got into safe mode once and ran commands in cmd and found and repaired corrupted files. Didn't fix anything.

I didn't try just one device. I wiped the drives and removed the SSD windows was installed on. I tried to install windows on another SSD but it would restart before it could ever finish.

Feb 10, 2021
Ryzen 5600X with stock cooler?

A system shutting down or restarting by itself is most of the time a PSU issue, overheating issue, GPU issue.

Do you know what kind of temperature you got on the CPU and GPU at idle and load?

Corsair iCue H150i Elite Capellix.

I switched the GPUs out. Still running into the issue with another GPU in build.

The case I have is a Corsair 4000D Airflow. Idk if the fans are loud but whenever gaming they would be louder than expected.
Whenever I would check the temps they would seem normal. IIRC GPU would be like 68c - 74c?? and CPU would be lower 60's.