Question PC keeps shutting down randomly (not BSOD)

Jul 6, 2024
Hello,

I have a pretty high-end PC (or so I've been told) that's just under 1 year old that has recently started shutting down on itself early June. The full build is here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/68011145, CPU core voltage is 1.200 to 1.252V, DDR voltage is 1.200V.

Early June it began to shut down on itself after playing Genshin/HSR for about 10 minutes at first, then faster on every subsequent run, down to instantly. The only other game I have installed is League and I didn't test with that for obvious reasons.

The testing I did back then included FurMark which immediately shut my PC down until I replugged all PSU cables (though I only ran it for 1 minute afterwards), and the OCCT 15-minute test (no issues). I had OpenHardwareMonitor log my PC with Genshin running and it appeared to be a CPU overheating problem as it would hit 95 for a few seconds before shutting down.

I took it to a repair shop who said they didn't think it was a CPU temperature problem as my stock thermal paste was still good and nothing was dusty. They replaced the paste anyway and my PC stopped shutting down!

Until now. It's shutting down on itself again when running a game BUT ALSO GOOGLE CHROME? The only other thing I have running is Discord.

I had OHW log my PC again with Genshin/Chrome and there was no overheating issue so I don't know what's going on. Maybe PSU?

Any input is appreciated. I can also post a few OHW logs if anyone wants. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-B550M-VC-WIFI/support
You have BIOS updates pending.

Userbenchmark doesn't show us the make and model of your cooler, the case and your PSU. What is the age of the PSU in your build?
Thanks!

I'll go update it through that website.

I have "Wraith Stealth cooler" bundled with the CPU according to the seller page, not sure if that's what you're looking for. My case is a DeepCool MACUBE 110 Micro ATX, and my PSU is just under 1 year old in use.

We need to know the exact Model number and brand of your power supply unit/PSU. Which company's PSU is it, Cooler Master, Corsair, ASUS, Seasonic, Gigabyte, Antec etc. ?

Also need the exact Model SKU number. Open your ATX cabinet and check for the PSU label printed on the side of the power supply unit.

Last edited:
Here is an example.

PSU brand name: Corsair.
Model number: TX850-M (M here stands for modular).

blog_select-the-right-psu-Content-9.png.b308b5cfdd8e27407884f60ec24cd3e9.png