Pc keeps suddenly switching off while playing GTA V

Primedecision

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Hi my pc configuration is Intel g4560 8gb ddr4 2213mhz ram Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4gb OC edition
My problem is that I've played GTA V story mode and online with highest settings without any problem but from a few days although according to my settings the Video memory/Vram GTA V says it requires is 2360MB only but it goes up to 3024MB when I play story mode and when I go to GTA Online My whole pc just switches off then starts by itself.

This only while playing GTA V
Please don't tell about gpu drivers I already tried it

This is NOT the way to get good help. If you already knew how to solve your issue, you wouldn't be here asking for help.

That being said, when you "already tried it" did you use the DDU to remove the existing driver framework and THEN update to the MOST recent Nvidia driver package for your graphics card? Within the last day or two?

Also, what is the EXACT model number of your power supply? How old/how long in use is that power supply?

Have you monitored the CPU and GPU card temps to verify this is not a thermal issue?

Do you have the VERY latest motherboard bios version installed?

Do you have the VERY latest chipset drivers installed for your motherboard model?

What are your FULL system specifications including model numbers for all parts?

This is so many kinds of wrong I don't even know where to start. 80+ certifications have NOTHING to do with PSU quality or performance, UNLESS it is on an already known to be very good platform. There are VERY good platforms out there, that, while old, ARE very good, and have no certifications at all. We don't generally recommend them a lot anymore, but in some cases they ARE the best option in certain regions or at certain price points.

Furthermore, 550w is far more than what is needed for a 1050 ti, so long as it is a moderately good unit to start with.

And "guaranteeing" anything when it comes to problem solving, is a good way to stick not only your foot, but your whole leg, right in your mouth. There is NOTHING guranteed when it comes to solving problems on any computer system until you know a heck of a lot more than you did when you posted that.

First sorry...
I apologize...
But it is problem with PSU..
And why 80+ are good I also want to tell you.. They have good monitoring chips that maintain voltage and power to get higher efficiency so they also safe to use. (most of them)..
And once again sorry..

Primedecision

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
My power supply is 450W
But as I said my pc was running good until some days ago when my pc suddenly switches off and starts itself again and I do monitor my temps they are all normal Only the video memory in GTA V settings it shows it need only 2307MB our 4096 VRAM of my gpu but when I start playing story mode the gpu memory goes up to 3024MB in 2 minutes. and when I try to go to gta online the system behaves as I described above

No, that is just blatant BS you pulled out of thin air. Efficiency has nothing AT ALL to do with any kind of monitoring chips for power or voltage. That's pure BS. An outright lie actually.

Normally, we attack the message, not the poster, but I'm going to make an exception in this case because the garbage you are spouting is dangerously misinformative.

Efficiency ratings are achieved by the platforms ability to minimize the amount of power that is lost between what is pulled from the outlet and what is made available to the system after the conversion from AC voltage to DC voltage. That is all. It has to do with power loss and heat. It has ZERO to do with how good a unit is or is not, unless the unit is ALREADY known to be a good solid platform using high end capacitors and protections, among other components inside the unit.

And no, you don't KNOW it is a problem with the PSU. I don't even know that and I've been doing this for more than 30 years. There is NO member here, many of which have been working on systems more than twice as long as you've probably been alive, that can know for sure without a great deal more information. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Yes. Do we know for sure? Of course not.

You should be sorry, for offering crap advise without putting in the work to discover if that advice is even relevant.

GPU memory is normal.. I have card only 2GB memory and GTA V use 1.8 at starting and after 5 minutes of play it hits 2.3GB (4GB system shared)

Nobody wants to know how many watts the label says it is capable of. WHAT is the EXACT model number and brand, as listed on the label or printed directly on the PSU itself? THAT is what tells us whether we are dealing with a capable model or a piece of garbage shaped like a power supply.

So you can give me advice on power supplies that which supply is good and live a long life (I need 1 powersuppy for my different system but want to go cheap.

And 1 more thing you always read all message to find anything like my message How... Their are to may messages

Besides which, if you need advice on selecting a PSU it would probaby make sense to not try and advise others, or those who don't need such advice, on what makes a PSU "good", or whether or not there is a problem with one in a given situation. That would be like me trying to advise the scientists at NASA on how to choose a rocket.