[SOLVED] PC keeps waking up after Sleep Mode ?

Jan 17, 2022
Hey guys,

Having trouble figuring out why my PC keeps waking up after 'Sleep Mode'.

Randomly started doing it not sure what caused it to start doing this.

Any help and tips would be appreciated! Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of PC?

open command prompt(admin)
  • Type powercfg -lastwake and as a second command powercfg -devicequery wake_armed.
  • Devices that are responsible for waking up the computer may be listed here.
  • You may also want to run powercfg -waketimers to find out whether any wake times are configured to bring back the computer when it enters sleep mode.
link

Reactions: ealxele
Jan 17, 2022
what are specs of PC?

open command prompt(admin)
  • Type powercfg -lastwake and as a second command powercfg -devicequery wake_armed.
  • Devices that are responsible for waking up the computer may be listed here.
  • You may also want to run powercfg -waketimers to find out whether any wake times are configured to bring back the computer when it enters sleep mode.
link

Thank you so much for helping me out.
For the specs are you asking what my processor, video card, etc are?

Here are the CMD commands:

* powercfg - lastwake
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 1
Wake Source [0]
Type: Fixed Feature
Power Button

*powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
HID Keyboard Device (004)
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
HID Keyboard Device (007)
HID-compliant mouse (002)

*powercfg -waketimers
Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe expires at 9:48:05 PM on 闶♥.

Don't think it is related to the devices responsible for waking up the computer. Any thoughts to what the other commands say?

Jan 17, 2022
Whenever mine does that it’s because there’s an update, and it doesn’t let my computer sleep until I update it.

Hmm just checked now and my PC is up to date. BUT I realize I see a message, "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11 - Get the details and see if there are things you can do in the PC Health Check app. [Get PC Health Check].

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

It could be a driver was updated or needs to be.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

Jan 17, 2022
Another wag.
Device manager/properties/advanced.
There are some 'wake on' settings.

Couldn't find properties in Device Manager. Could you please point me in the right way?
This would be different than this WAG setting?

"Look in the power plan under sleep.
Disable the wake timers. "

Jan 17, 2022
what are specs of the PC?

It could be a driver was updated or needs to be.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

Thank you so much for the reply again.

I have attached the screenshots for your request.
I have ordered them from 1-5. Also noticed your comment that it could be related to the driver needing to be updated. Checked for updates and it says, "Optional quality update available." The other day I updated another optional update but other updates keep popping up. I have attached the screenshot as "6".

Screenshots

Thank you!

Colif

Win 11 Master
i see you didn't hide all the Microsoft drivers, explains length of report.
cfossspeed.sys isn't likely necessary, its part of internet program.
could be newer version of Icue but unlikely to be cause
Asus motherboard.

none of the 3rd party drivers stand out.

no rush to get a Preview of a cumulative update. it might help i guess if it randomly just started happening.

Couldn't find properties in Device Manager. Could you please point me in the right way?
This would be different than this WAG setting?

"Look in the power plan under sleep.
Disable the wake timers. "
Device manager/expand network adapters/right click the adapter/properties/advanced.

At the bottom of the list you will see some 'wake on' settings.
Disable those.

Jan 17, 2022
Device manager/expand network adapters/right click the adapter/properties/advanced.

At the bottom of the list you will see some 'wake on' settings.
Disable those.

Hmm when I right-click> properties for Network Adapters I see no option to go to properties/advanced.

I have attached a screenshot below.

Screenshot

Jan 17, 2022
i see you didn't hide all the Microsoft drivers, explains length of report.
cfossspeed.sys isn't likely necessary, its part of internet program.
could be newer version of Icue but unlikely to be cause
Asus motherboard.

none of the 3rd party drivers stand out.

no rush to get a Preview of a cumulative update. it might help i guess if it randomly just started happening.

Ah, I gotcha. Weird can't figure this out. Installed the optional update and PC is still automatically turning back on :confused_old:.

Thank you for the help anyways!

Colif

Win 11 Master
*powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
HID Keyboard Device (004)
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
HID Keyboard Device (007)
HID-compliant mouse (002)

So your version of Icue appears to be same one as I have or they just haven't updated the VBus Driver or VHID Driver for a while

Do you have a corsair mouse or KB? I can't tell, I have a K70 and have same 3 drivers.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

All it does is stops non microsoft programs running at startup, doesn't remove anything. Easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Jan 17, 2022
So your version of Icue appears to be same one as I have or they just haven't updated the VBus Driver or VHID Driver for a while

Do you have a corsair mouse or KB? I can't tell, I have a K70 and have same 3 drivers.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

All it does is stops non microsoft programs running at startup, doesn't remove anything. Easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Hmm tried the clean boot but PC is still waking up after putting to sleep mode. One thing I noticed is that an app is still 'running' after I had disabled all in [System Configuration > Services > Disable all]...
Attached a screenshot for your reference.

Do you happen to have any other suggestions since the clean boot is not working? Or do you think it could be because of this one app that is still running after I disabled it? What's weird to me is that the Manufacturer listed says 'Unknown' for AsusUpdateCheck.

Thank you!!!

Jan 17, 2022
yes

You could uninstall all Asus applications and see if that helps. I expect Asusupdate is part of Armory crate.
manufacturer field might just be empty in driver, blame Asus.

Hmm tried to uninstall all Asus apps and and its still doing the same thing :cautious:. Can't uninstall Asus Motherboard for some reason.

Ahh this sucks haha. So annoying!!!