Question PC lag spike when fresh Startes and while playing ?

Oct 20, 2023
Hey guys. My Problem is that when i Boot my pc, even before i log in, it will start to lag for like 1 to 2 seconds. Then it seems to work normal.
i feel like that some software needs real long to Open. Hwmonitor for example like 30seconds when opening it the first time after booting.
when playing cs2 i get like 2 huge framedrops every round.

I completly reinstalled windows. somehow the gpu driver was already installed, even so i choosed to delete everything.
Also i tested for a fault RAM

it doesnt Sound like much, but with my specs this stuff should Not happe.
the specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
CPU cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Tower Kühler
Motherboard: ASRock B650M Phantom Gaming Riptide So.AM5 retail
Ram: 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO EXPO schwarz DDR5-6000 DIMM CL36-36-36-96 Dual Kit
SSD/HDD: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4. 3D-NAND TLC (MZ-V8P1T0BW)
GPU: 12GB MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING X TRIO Aktiv PCIe 4.0 x16 (Retail)
PSU: 850 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold / Im not quiet sure how old the PSU is right now
Chassis: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Midi Tower ohne Netzteil schwarz
Monitor: LG Ultragear 27GP850-B.AED
BIOS version: 1.18 -AMD AGESA ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.5

I would be happy for your thoughts :)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

I completly reinstalled windows.
Where did you source the installer for your OS?

somehow the gpu driver was already installed, even so i choosed to delete everything.
Can you walk us through how you deleted them? TO add, you should install Windows OS in offline mode(without internet connectivity) to prevent the OS from downloading drivers it thinks is right for your platform. Instead, you manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator(after sourcing all drivers from manufacturer's support site.

Oct 20, 2023
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

somehow the gpu driver was already installed, even so i choosed to delete everything.
Can you walk us through how you deleted them? TO add, you should install Windows OS in offline mode(without internet connectivity) to prevent the OS from downloading drivers it thinks is right for your platform. Instead, you manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator(after sourcing all drivers from manufacturer's support site.
Im Sorry for the late Response.
I updated the Specs in my post above.

I got the installer for the os directly downloaded by windows.

So I deleted the GPU driver once in windows securemode with DDU.
And the second time your statement will catch i guess that windows by itself installed the driver again.
Ill try an offline installation and will give feedback afterwards.

Edit:
I tried a cleanboot and and the lag appears a little later if i open the browser immadetily after booting.
If i wait a bit the lag doesnt seem to be there

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Do you eventually have an idea what hardware could be defect?