Question PC lagging

Astrix008

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
I have recently upgraded my RAM from 8gb to 32gb and my motherboard too, but I see that my pc starts hanging in between which did not happen with my previous mobo and my pc starts way slower than previous mobo with 8gb ram.
PC specs :
CPU - i7 4th gen
RAM - 32gb ddr3
graphics - 6gb gtx 1660 amp

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
More RAM amount and sticks put higher load on MoBo's memory controller and it is possible that your ancient MoBo isn't capable of handling that much RAM anymore. Also, 32GB for DDR3 is quite a lot, especially since most DDR3 builds lived their life with 4GB or 8GB RAM.

I too have Intel 4th gen CPU build (Core i5) and it is running 2x 8GB (16GB) RAM. Build has been in daily service for last 8 years and as of late, it has started to spew Memory Management BSoDs. Though, my build issues is for me to deal with.

Astrix008

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
I have recently upgraded my RAM from 8gb to 32gb and my motherboard too, but I see that my pc starts hanging in between which did not happen with my previous mobo and my pc starts way slower than previous mobo with 8gb ram.
PC specs :
CPU - i7 4th gen
RAM - 32gb ddr3
graphics - 6gb gtx 1660 amp
I wonder if this Could be also the reason why it's taking more time than before to boot up...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is the new RAM a proper 32 GB kit of RAM or did you just add 24 GB of RAM to the existing RAM?

Did this motherboard upgrade also result in a full wipe and reinstall of Windows? It's always a best practice, but if corners are cut, when you're having issues with performance, it's always the first thing to do.