Dec 13, 2022
Pc specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X
MSI B450 Tomahawk
32GB(16x2) V.COLOR Prism Pro 3200Mhz CL16
ZOTAC RTX 3060
Corsair RM850x
Adata Gammix S11 Pro Nvme 256GB

I recently upgraded the RAM from 16GB to 32GB was using Trident Z 16GB kit before and everything was running fine.
After upgrading the RAM, I noticed that whenever I am playing any game be that CSGO or Escape from Tarkov, the game preforms fine but whenever I minimize the game to just use google chrome or any thing the pc lags and becomes slow.
Same happens when I use Vegas Pro to edit my clip, it becomes extremely laggy after 5mins of use.
I recently noticed that my primary SSD (OS) has dropped to 56% health and both the games listed above are on that including Vegas.
Is there anything I can do to properly diagnose if its the RAM? I got warranty left on it.

EDIT:
Tested the RAM with HCI Design's MemTest, Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, and Passmark Memtest86. No errors at all.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022
Pc specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X
MSI B450 Tomahawk
32GB(16x2) V.COLOR Prism Pro 3200Mhz CL16
ZOTAC RTX 3060
Corsair RM850x

I recently upgraded the RAM from 16GB to 32GB was using Trident Z 16GB kit before and everything was running fine.
After upgrading the RAM, I noticed that whenever I am playing any game be that CSGO or Escape from Tarkov, the game preforms fine but whenever I minimize the game to just use google chrome or any thing the pc lags and becomes slow.
Same happens when I use Vegas Pro to edit my clip, it becomes extremely laggy after 5mins of use.
I recently noticed that my primary SSD (OS) has dropped to 56% health and both the games listed above are on that including Vegas.
Is there anything I can do to properly diagnose if its the RAM? I got warranty left on it.
if you think its the ram problem, you can try to diagnose the ram to see if anything is wrong with it. here is a link on how to do it

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/how-to-test-ram

Reactions: Meltdown07