[SOLVED] PC lights up but peripherals don't, no display

Dec 4, 2020
All PC Lights and Fans Are Working, But Monitor Receives No Signal and Keyboard/Mouse

My computer froze and so I had to hard restart it. When I tried to turn it back on, all fans are running (CPU, graphics card, main fan), lights are on, but I am not getting any power to my mouse, keyboard, HDD, or monitors.

I have tried to start the computer with the ram out (and in different slots and with new and old ram I have), GPU out, peripherals disconnected.

I have reset CMOS, bought a new CMOS battery.

Tested the PSU with volt meter.

I did successfully get it to turn on ONE time after about 100 tries but then I got a blue screen after about 5 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AM3+ CROSSFIRE USB3.0 SATA 3 Ver 2
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750B 750WATT POWER SUPPLY
Hard Drive: SANDISK SATA III SSD AND 1TB SATA III 7200 RPM
Graphics: GTX 1660
Processor (CPU): AMD FX-8320
RAM: 16GB YOUGXINSHENG DDR3

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in the build? I'm also skeptical of the quality of the ram on that system. Perhaps try and breadboard the system with only one stick of ram + only the boot drive and see if you can power up the system. See if a donor PSU with at least 550W of power for the entire system, that's reliably built, changes your issue.

Were you on the latest BIOS update prior to dropping in the GTX1660? Also, I'm assuming your GTX1660 is a new GPU while you were on an older GPU prior. What was the make and model of the older GPU if you were on an older GPU?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in the build? I'm also skeptical of the quality of the ram on that system. Perhaps try and breadboard the system with only one stick of ram + only the boot drive and see if you can power up the system. See if a donor PSU with at least 550W of power for the entire system, that's reliably built, changes your issue.

Were you on the latest BIOS update prior to dropping in the GTX1660? Also, I'm assuming your GTX1660 is a new GPU while you were on an older GPU prior. What was the make and model of the older GPU if you were on an older GPU?

Solution