Pc lights up, fans run but no signal on monitor

eatfood768

Reputable
Aug 24, 2018
Hello

So I recently built my PC. I plugged in everything properly and according to the manuals, however when I plug in the PC, the CPU/GPU fans spin, it lights up etc but on the monitor it doesn’t work. I literally plugged out everything (yes, EVERYTHING) and put it back in but it still won’t show up on the monitor. (btw the monitor and HDMI cable is fine because if I plug it in a laptop it works without a problem). plz help ASAP

My Specs:
AMD ryzen 5 2600x CPU
Evga GeForce gtx 1050 GPU
Evga100-w1-0500-kr 500W 1 PSU
MSI B350 M Pro-Vdh Pro series ddr4 mATX motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 Gb RAM
Kingston digital A400 120GB SSD

Solution
Are you connecting the monitor to the video card or to the motherboard. You may want to have someone else that built computers before check things over. The power supply is not the best quality but should be good enough to run your system.
Are you connecting the monitor to the video card or to the motherboard. You may want to have someone else that built computers before check things over. The power supply is not the best quality but should be good enough to run your system.

Solution

eatfood768

Reputable
Aug 24, 2018
Yep it was plugged into the gpu, I found out that it was actually a much needed bios update, which i replaced with a ryzen 1200 temporarily and updated it, thanks for your help though