PC loading exremely slowly after start up and Microsoft Windows not reponding.

diegohm

Reputable
Apr 26, 2018
When i tried to boot up my PC today everything was fine until i logged into windows. Everything would load VERY slowly and the taskbar would freeze etc. I then got a notification saying: "Microsoft Windows- The application is not responding...". I would then get a white/black screen and the entire system would barely respond. I decided to take out most of my components and clean everything out, which didn't change anything.The task manager would not open up either or it would take very long to do so, same thing with the start menu and other applications. After a while i just gave up and left my PC like this for about 30 minutes until i noticed that my wallpaper would change every minute or so, like i configured it to do. My PC would work just fine again except for the case feeling hotter than usual above where the motherboard is. Now when i open up the task manager it tells me that disk usage is at 100% most of the times, yet all applications are at 0%. Before that it even said that there are no apps running. What exactly was the cause for this and how can i prevent this from happening once i boot it up again?

Hello diegohm

Please check if Windows Updates are being downloaded and installed in the background.

If not, it's probably the virus causing trouble.

One among many solutions would be to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, scan your PC with any strong Antivirus program, and then restart in Normal Mode.

If the issue persists, try getting back to Safe Mode, and Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command from there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

diegohm

Reputable
Apr 26, 2018
I manually looked for Windows updates and it seems to be OK now. I had trouble launching League Of Legends and the support told me that it was a windows update causing the issues.