Question PC locks up, display turns off, everything stops functioning

synnex

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
So, basically last night i left my PC on because I was uploading a large video on YouTube, since I have awful upload speed. I turned off the monitor and this morning when I woke up, turned it back on, there was no signal, light was blinking like PC went to sleep, but it didn't.
Keyboard wouldn't work, tried Caps Lock, the light wouldn't turn on. Fans are spinning and everything sounds normal.
Then I had to hard reset it, booted back up, opened chrome, went on YouTube and all of the sudden, it froze again and lost signal to the monitor. Again, I pressed the reset button and when the Gigabyte Logo from the mobo popped up, around it, there was like white glow, don't know how to explain it, all I know that wasn't there before, at least when I normally power it on. It froze again right after I opened the Event Viewer and once more after that. 3 resets later that white glow around the logo was gone, don't even know what caused it.
It happened again now as I was typing this.... When playing games this doesn't happen, only thing that happens is that my monitor randomly turns off.
This only happens when on idle or doing anything that's not demanding. I tried everything that I can think of. I messed around with the bios, even put it back to default. Reintalled Windows, same thing. When I reinstalled it didn't happen right away, but when I installed stuff that I need it eventually happens. I was downloading an update for the game, it happened even then too. Temps are ok, everything is working normal. The only thing that I can think of, if it's maybe the mobo not working properly of the graphics card, but i don't know. I mean, I play demanding games on high fps, so i guess its working.... I have no clue what could be the result of this.

Edit: In the Event Viewer you can that from 9:32pm till 2:14am there was no error, I was playing around that time, but even before that. Then you'll see at 3:40am last error, i guess its when stopped working. And at 9:47am is when I turned the monitor back on with no signal. It's showing all these error which I have no idea what they mean.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte x370
1x8gb RAM
Gigabyte RX 580 8GB
Thermaltake Smart RGB 500w

HWmonitor and Event Viewer:
View: https://imgur.com/kwabPQI

View: https://imgur.com/V3D1cwU

Last edited:

synnex

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
Nice setup , but why such a poor quality power supply to run it.
Well I could've bought better, but it's still 500w 80+ PSU from a well known brand, don't see why would the PSU cause this type of a problem, I'm not loosing power to my system. I'm hoping that you or someone with experience with this type of a problem could help me out. Because I'm all out of ideas and I don't have spare parts to replace to test it out. This system is not even a month old and for the last two weeks I've been having this problem.
I've done every single test that is to be done. CPU, RAM, GPU, Storage. Everything done with no error. The temps look fine, nothing is overheating.
I even have a NVMe drive that I took out of the system because the freezes were abnormal, so I'm running this on a SSD and still the same.
It even happened as I was typing this with only this page open. Screen freezes, then turns black and i have to restart it. Sometimes I get BSOD, but it freezes even on it, i dont get the full message, it froze.
I'm thinking that it's the GPU, but cant be sure, because it performs as it should be. In the HWmonitor there are voltages and powers, don't know if that normal or something.
I really have no idea....

Last edited: