Question PC makes a buzzing / electrical noise ?

May 12, 2024
The problem

I built my pc like 2 weeks ago, and everything for the first week was completely fine the only noise was the loud ass fans but that was all. Then all of a sudden when i got home on Friday i turn my pc on and all i hear is a constant buzzing noise. i went to check my fans to see if there was anything hitting them and there was nothing. i started to listen very closely and there were two things that im like 90% sure were making the noise.

The first one is the psu which was making the sound of a fan hitting on something, and then the second thing was the motherboard that was making these electrical sounds and got a lot worse when i loaded into a game. Eventually the motherboard noise would stop when i was in the game for a little while but would occasionally come back at random points which concerned me. The psu though had a constant buzzing that didn't go away. i am getting really concerned that my pc is broken Could someone please explain what these sounds could be and help me stop these if they are affecting my PC.

My PC Specs

Intel i5 12400F

Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus PRIME B660M-A WIFI D4 Micro ATX

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME

Gigabyte EAGLE Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card

Deepcool MATREXX 40 3FS MicroATX Mini Tower Case

MSI MAG A650BN 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

P.S idk if this is relevant to what is happening but my monitor screen just turned green and i had shut everything down to fix it

Feb 2, 2024
In general, some power supplies that convert AC to DC (and even dc to ac electronics) usually have weird sounds when running, could just be down to particular design, quality of parts, the units size and load relation. Could be a sign of cheap quality and lower efficiency, or maybe a sign of high efficiency like additional power factor correcting circuits or something.
The mobo sound might just be something like coil whine, given how much power and complication they now have. My 4080 super makes some annoying coil whine in alot of situations.
Buzzing imo is fine, if it sounds like "electricity" then you start to worry.