PC makes ticking sound every ~3 seconds

Dec 24, 2018
Hey, I upgraded my ram to a 8x2gb 1866mhz and whilst upgrading I noticed a loose screw in my case so I shook it out and thought I was good. Pc boots normally BUT when it is loading the motherboard and stuff (the HDD light is not on) it does a click every three seconds until it stops when the hdd is at load, it could be the DVD drive or I don't know, I have set every thing about dram on auto (MSI g70a-g43 mobo) and it still does that sound...

I would unplug things and plug them back in one at a time if you want to narrow it down. I know my son's PC had developed a noise that I was sure was a bad fan. I even ordered a new fan. Once I took the PC apart I found out the noise was actually the hard drive vibrating in one of those stupid tool less mounts (I dispise all tool-less mounts, everything should have screws). After using some double sided foam tape (only peeling one side) to tighten things up the hard drive could no longer vibrate and make the ticking noise. So make sure you place your hands on everything, carefully.

Dec 24, 2018

You were right. It's one of the goddamn gpu fan fins bent. F*CK this gpu was expensive as hell and Idk what to do. AHHHHH

Dec 24, 2018

It's an msi r9 390 and I've had it pre-built in like spring 2016?

Dec 23, 2018

I don't recommend this, but taking that card apart is a breeze. Try bending it back?

TRENDING THREADS