PC MASSIVE laaag!

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
So this is a problem I got today like twice. So I was surfing on the internet and SUDDENLY the PC started to lag like crazy. Alot of programs crashed and the PC was soooo slow. It took like 10 mins to get the task manager up and then another 15 mins or more to shut down the PC. First I thought it was because of a new theme I downloaded for windows 7 so I deleted it and used my old theme again. After that I played crysis for about 5 mins and the same thing happend again. I had 20 fps playing crysis but then suddenly I got this massive lag again and my FPS dropped all the way down to a stable 1 fps, but this time I just exited crysis and my PC was back to normal. I really have NO idea what would cause this but could this perhaps be GPU issues. I mean when I closed down crysis my PC was back to normal but on the other hand the first time it happend I was not playing a game and nothing but rebooting the PC helped. Or maybe harddrive issues? I never experienced any problem like this before on my PC this is the first time. Please help!

all help will be super appreciated!!!!

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
check the processes and make sure there isnt alot of stuff u dont need boging down ur system and check for viruses/spyware.
also ur system spec would help..,.,ide or sata hdd? and how much ram?
to test the hdd speed rate i use lavalys everest as its built in transfare test can spot a dieing hdd.

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

oh yeah I forgot to add my spex!!

I have a prebuilt Acer M7720

Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz

6GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM

1TB Hitachi HDD (I dont know how fast but its pretty fast) !

Nvidia GT 230 1.5 GB GPU

Intel FX58M motherboard

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
aaah, this sounds like a problem iv had, not sure but its sounds like it.. if it is i have no idea how to fix it,,this happened to me with windows 7...it has stupid pausing issue i found on 2 of my pc's. its like it randomly starts loading and doesnt respond for a few minutes, i never found a fix so reverted back to xp. i bet if u used xp your pc would run amazing or even vista.

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
all my results pointed at my hdd, installed xp and pc running great. i think the problem may be windows 7 issue, maybe theres a fix but i certaintly didnt find one.

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

but this wasnt a few mins this was forever :S Untill I rebooted.

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

I dont know about the HDD but the mouse pointer was normal. From time to time it started to lag abit though.

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
i think this should have been posted in the windows forum, i doubt its your graphics card. you would get help from more experienced windows 7 users.