Question Pc more stable when running stress tests and sometimes doesn't boot

Feb 14, 2022
So, for the past 4 months, I have been trying to fix my pc and I recently realized that it is more stable when I run a stress test or play a game. It usually freezes after I close my game/stress test. Also, recently my pc wouldn't boot and showed the CPU post light thing then wouldn't post 3 times then said the system has posted into safe mode. 3 days after that it showed the VGA post light thing.

sometimes my pc takes 10+ reboots to boot

I've tried replacing the ram but that didn't fix it

specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
  • RAM
    TF4D432G3600HC18JDC01
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 4GB
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 qvo 1TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake 700w PSU

So, for the past 4 months, I have been trying to fix my pc and I recently realized that it is more stable when I run a stress test or play a game. It usually freezes after I close my game/stress test. Also, recently my pc wouldn't boot and showed the CPU post light thing then wouldn't post 3 times then said the system has posted into safe mode. 3 days after that it showed the VGA post light thing.

sometimes my pc takes 10+ reboots to boot

I've tried replacing the ram but that didn't fix it

specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
  • RAM
    TF4D432G3600HC18JDC01
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 4GB
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 qvo 1TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake 700w PSU
You might want to try removing the gpu and using the igp just to see what the results are.

my display is vga only so im going to get an adapter and try that
Is this a PC you built yourself or is it a PC you bought? If you built it did you do a clean install of Windows? I would do an "sfc /scannow" command in an administrator privileged command prompt. This will check for any windows integrity violations (corruption) and repair it. If this scan does find corruption enter the following command in the same command prompt window "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" This will do a more thorough job but may take a bit longer.

Feb 14, 2022
Is this a PC you built yourself or is it a PC you bought? If you built it did you do a clean install of Windows? I would do an "sfc /scannow" command in an administrator privileged command prompt. This will check for any windows integrity violations (corruption) and repair it. If this scan does find corruption enter the following command in the same command prompt window "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" This will do a more thorough job but may take a bit longer.
i built my pc myself and i have done a clean install of windows. i also did the commands but they didnt fix anything

TRENDING THREADS