[SOLVED] PC Motherboard and PC Case Ports are not active: Please Help me

ezconnor

Prominent
Nov 4, 2018
I recently bought a new motherboard, new CPU, new case and put all my parts into the new case. As of now, the PC turns on with the lights and the CPU stock cooler spins but when I plug in my HDMI (I've tried both to the motherboard and GPU) to the computer it shows no display. I tried to USB ports on the case and motherboard and those do not work either. I've spent a lot of money and I need some advice as to how I can start up my computer. I've tried multiple troubleshooting options already. Keep in mind I am super new to PC Building and I might not have the plugs in the right spots possibly??? Not sure, but would love to hear that there's a specific spot on the motherboard that powers all this stuff.

Thanks.

BUILD:
Rx 590 8gb
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI B550 PRO A
EVGA 650W
1tb HDD storage
Case: Masterbox TD 500 Mesh

Solution
You did not list your RAM. Problems with RAM can cause no video signal. If you are using 2 sticks, make sure they are pushed all the way down in their slots, at both ends. They should be located in the 2nd and 4th slots (DIMMA2 and DIMMB2). You can also try booting with only 1 stick of RAM in slot DIMMA2.
You did not list your RAM. Problems with RAM can cause no video signal. If you are using 2 sticks, make sure they are pushed all the way down in their slots, at both ends. They should be located in the 2nd and 4th slots (DIMMA2 and DIMMB2). You can also try booting with only 1 stick of RAM in slot DIMMA2.

Solution