[SOLVED] PC No Display on Boot

IntiaViews

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

A few days ago, I download a firmware update via Driver Booster 7.3. I don't know the name but I just clicked to install the driver update. Then there was some sort of lag. So I turned off the PC. And at reboot, I went to BIOS and chose Load Optimal Defaults. After that, there's no more signal on the monitor. Did I just destroy my motherboard by doing that update and by choosing load optimal defaults (because if I didn't Load Optiomal Defaults, I think I could still have went through Windows fine)?

There's still power now when I boot the system. CPU fan, case fans and gpu fans are running. I tried removing the cmos battery and cmos jumper but still there's no signal. I also removed everything from the case and everything attached to the mobo for 2 days. Still no success.

System specs:
Athlon II X4 860K
4gb + 2gb ram
120 gb ssd
360 gb hdd
Biostar Hi-Fi A68U3P motherboard (FM2+ mobo)

I know that all these are okay: PSU, RAMS, GPU, mouse, keyboard, monitor
Could it be the CPU? But I don't have a spare processor for this mobo.

I have no screenshots to attach since yeah, my pc won't go to Windows.

Can anyone help me out please?

Solution
It seems you have bricked your motherboard by resetting the PC in the middle of a BIOS update.

If you can find one, a new BIOS chip would solve the issue. Likely you will need a new motherboard.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
It seems you have bricked your motherboard by resetting the PC in the middle of a BIOS update.

If you can find one, a new BIOS chip would solve the issue. Likely you will need a new motherboard.

Solution