[SOLVED] PC noob asking for help - built a PC but wont boot

Apr 12, 2020
Hi guys,

I have finally decided to build my own PC, as I would need it for Audio production I wanted to have my own setting. Unfortnately i encountered some problem and I dont know what to do anymore.

The specs are:

• ASUS Strix x299 e-Gaming
  • Intel i9 10900x 10 Core
  • be quiet dark rock pro 4
  • be quiet pure power 11 700 watt
  • Samsung ssd 970 Evo 1 TB
  • Samsung ssd 860 QVO 2 TB
  • HyperX Predator DDR4 4x16gb RAM 3000 mhz
  • ASUS amd Radeon arez rx 550 graphics Card

When i try to boot, all fans and cooler running, Motherboard lights on - but I have a red CPU light and I get various error codes from the motherboard each time I start to boot, e.g. like 52, 31, df, A1 - which seems to be all Memory related.

I have tried various RAM settings, taken them out one by one in different sockets and combinations, checked if they sit properly until they click but nothing woked. I have reseated my CPU twice carefully and checked for bent pins, but couldnt find anything suspicious. I have also tried to update the BIOS from flashdisk, but the BIOS LED blinks 5 times and then stays illuminated for hours until i shut down the system.

I think it could be the update of BIOS which causes problems but i dont know how to make the update happen correctly...I downloaded the CAP data with the rename.exe and copied the new file on a fresh USB stick, but doesnt seem to work.

Does anyone have help for me? Dont know what to do anymore, I also dont know if what i have done is correctly or if maybe the Motherboard or CPU couldve been damaged. But how do i find out?

Thank you very much in advance.

M.

Solution
as far as I know, check your manual thoroughly, you need a supported CPU to upgrade the BIOS. the BIOS can only launch after the POST, the Power On Self Test. a recognized CPU is required for POST to complete
Apr 12, 2020
Thanks, i think thats the issue.

Is it not possible to update the BIOS with this CPU/without the CPU? I tried to follow the guide but somehow it doesnt work, e.g. i formatted a stick to fat32 and put the CAP data on it. The BIOS symbol blinks 5 times and keeps illuminated then into eternity.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
as far as I know, check your manual thoroughly, you need a supported CPU to upgrade the BIOS. the BIOS can only launch after the POST, the Power On Self Test. a recognized CPU is required for POST to complete

Solution