[SOLVED] PC not booting after use of ryzen master

joangast

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
Yesterday I installed new cooling fans and a new cpu block and wanted to overclock my CPU, after adjusting some things in ryzen master (I dont know what i changed) it prompted me to restart and it did, after that all my drives except my USB which had freedos on it installed didnt want to boot.

Ive already tried alot of things in my bios like resetting everything to default and clearing the cmos

My specs are:
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Radeon 5700 flashed with a 5700XT bios
RAM: 32GB 3000MHz
and i have 2 ssds with windows installed on them which both wont boot

EDIT:
After making a bootable usb with ubuntu it keeps prompting me with the message "AMD-VI : Completion-Wait loop timed out"

EDIT2:
After leaving the pc on for like 10 minutes it was able to boot ubuntu using usb, when opening the file explorer though doesnt show any harddrives but when i check the about it shows me my system info and the disk capacity at 2,8 TB

https://prnt.sc/s55y9o

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for your answer, I am currently booting from a USB with ubuntu and it is showing my drives are connected but all of them show they are unallocated
Hmm. All my disks were unallocated as well when I first installed Windows 10 on my PC. With me and I went into cmd, and I created a new partition, made it primary and changed it to GPT.

However, you are going to need to either create a new partition using the space or expand an existing partition. I recommend searching on YouTube how to do this.

Hope your PC gets fixed soon. :)

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Hi, I had the same problem before. I booted my PC from a Windows 10 Recovery Disc, which I brought online.

For me, it didn't show any disks in File Explorer. However, I turned off my PC for the night, and the next morning when I checked File Explorer, it shows all my hard drives.

joangast

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
Hi, I had the same problem before. I booted my PC from a Windows 10 Recovery Disc, which I brought online.

For me, it didn't show any disks in File Explorer. However, I turned off my PC for the night, and the next morning when I checked File Explorer, it shows all my hard drives.
Thanks for your answer, I am currently booting from a USB with ubuntu and it is showing my drives are connected but all of them show they are unallocated

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Hmm. All my disks were unallocated as well when I first installed Windows 10 on my PC. With me and I went into cmd, and I created a new partition, made it primary and changed it to GPT.

However, you are going to need to either create a new partition using the space or expand an existing partition. I recommend searching on YouTube how to do this.

Hope your PC gets fixed soon. :)

Solution