[SOLVED] PC not booting because of RAM

NatanTajak

Commendable
Mar 29, 2020
Hey everyone,

I just got a new prebuilt PC, about 4 days ago.

I decided to increase the ram so I went to the pagefile size, and changed it from the recommended to 16384 on my Windows C drive as I followed a tutorial which said to multiply your ram by 1024 (I have 16GB). I then set that 16384 for both initial and maximum size. Then, I restarted my pc, and it did not turn back on, I just had a black screen. Did not boot up, nothing. I tried going into my bios but that did not work. This continued until I held the power button and forced shut. I then powered it back on, but it stayed on for 3 seconds then shut down by itself. I unplugged all cables, and the power, then I put it back in and it turned on, but now my monitors do not detect anything. My gpu is fully operational. I took out my ram and put it back in again, nothing. The pc just turns on, and nothing else. No clue where to go from here.

Summary: Changed pagefile size, PC won't boot nor get detected by monitors.

Solution
Hey everyone,

I decided to increase the ram so I went to the pagefile size, and changed it from the recommended to 16384 on my Windows C drive as I followed a tutorial which said to multiply your ram by 1024 (I have 16GB). I then set that 16384 for both initial and maximum size. Then, I restarted my pc, and it did not turn back on, I just had a black screen. Did not boot up, nothing. I tried going into my bios but that did not work. This continued until I held the power button and forced shut. I then powered it back on, but it stayed on for 3 seconds then shut down by itself. I unplugged all cables, and the power, then I put it back in and it turned on, but now my monitors do not...
Hey everyone,

I decided to increase the ram so I went to the pagefile size, and changed it from the recommended to 16384 on my Windows C drive as I followed a tutorial which said to multiply your ram by 1024 (I have 16GB). I then set that 16384 for both initial and maximum size. Then, I restarted my pc, and it did not turn back on, I just had a black screen. Did not boot up, nothing. I tried going into my bios but that did not work. This continued until I held the power button and forced shut. I then powered it back on, but it stayed on for 3 seconds then shut down by itself. I unplugged all cables, and the power, then I put it back in and it turned on, but now my monitors do not detect anything. My gpu is fully operational. I took out my ram and put it back in again, nothing. The pc just turns on, and nothing else. No clue where to go from here.

Summary: Changed pagefile size, PC won't boot nor get detected by monitors.
One thing is sure, whatever you did in Windows would not prevent POST. I would start by resetting CMOS/BIOS and check if RAM sticks are in right slots.

Solution