[SOLVED] Pc not booting up? Shuts down after a second of boot.

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
I moved my pc to a new case. Before it was working fine. I plugged everything in correctly, I try to boot up and the fans and lights turn on for 1 second then it turns off again. I've tried running the system on 1 ram stick, took the gpu out and ran it on Intergrated graphics as well as change the psu to one that I know works. Is it possible I fried something on the motherboard, I was not wearing any socks, I wasn't on carpet and I was grounding myself on the case. So I don't want to go buy another motherboard unless I know for sure that's the problem.

Solution
I moved my pc to a new case. Before it was working fine. I plugged everything in correctly, I try to boot up and the fans and lights turn on for 1 second then it turns off again. I've tried running the system on 1 ram stick, took the gpu out and ran it on Intergrated graphics as well as change the psu to one that I know works. Is it possible I fried something on the motherboard, I was not wearing any socks, I wasn't on carpet and I was grounding myself on the case. So I don't want to go buy another motherboard unless I know for sure that's the problem.

Found the problem. It was a bad sata power cable that I was using for the ssd which has my system boot on it. But I still don't understand why a sata power would cause my system...

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016

Found the problem. It was a bad sata power cable that I was using for the ssd which has my system boot on it. But I still don't understand why a sata power would cause my system to not boot.

Solution
Found the problem. It was a bad sata power cable that I was using for the ssd which has my system boot on it. But I still don't understand why a sata power would cause my system to not boot.

Glad you found your issue. The bad SATA power cable was probably not giving the power necessary for the SSD to work. Faulty cable. It broke when you moved it from the old case to the new case.