[SOLVED] PC not booting up to Desktop Screen but detects Harddrive

maciashector54

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
So ive had my pc for a little over 2 months now, its been great ive been able to run games smoothly and everything. just recently however (about a week ago) my pc didnt want to boot up to the windows desktop screen where i have all my applications and what not, it keeps booting to bios. in bios i put my harddrive first and the windows boot up thing second. ive tried moving cables, different sata slots and still not working. pleasee help me. btw im sort of new to the whole pc community thing so please bare with me. here are my specs.

Intel i5-8600k
Asus Prime z370-a
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Windforce
Patriot Signature Line 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400
600 Watt Power Supply
Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212
1TB harddrive

Solution
Just try the boot drive by itself.

Be sure to use known working power and data cables. Ensure that the connections are fully and firmly in place.

Ralston18

Titan
More information please: "harddrive first and the windows boot up thing second"

What is that "windows boot up thing"? A SSD? If so that is where Windows "lives" and must be the first drive to boot.

Will your system boot again if you put it back the way it originally was?

maciashector54

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Sorry for the wait, on Boot Priority, the first one listed is "SATA6G_5: WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (953869MB)" im assuming thats the starage and second is listed as "Windows Boot Manager (SATA6G_5: WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0). I tried putting either one as the first one and put "Save and Exit" on the bios but it says "You havent made any changes to the bios settings" it super frustrating. Please help