Question PC Not Booting Up

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
Hi guys, my R9 280x fried recently so I got an AMD Rx 570, I installed it today, pc booted and asked F1: Run Setup, F2: Contineu

So I pressed F1 and overclocked my CPU same overclock settings, they were stable.

Then saved and restarted, bios logo came up and restarted again, then bios logo came up again and restarted, it happened two or three times and the rest was just black screen, even bios didn't show up again.

I tried Cmos reset, removing bios battery and putting back in, trying different bios batteries, static electric thing, tried 3 different GPUs, checked the CPU 8-pin power cable, checked other cables, tried with only one ram stick, tried with no ram at all, tried with no hdd, nothing worked guys. Any help? And my mobo doesn't have a buzzer, it wasn't included so idk. Thanks.

Specs:
Sapphire Rx 570 Pulse OC 8gb
Vengeance Pro 2x4gb Ram
FX-6300
G750M 750w PSU
970a g43 Motherboard

Edit:
Guys, my psu was actually ok, I am planning to complete the upgrade by buying B450M, Ryzen 5 2600 and 1x8gb of ram, is there anyway it still won't work? Like, I'm getting 4 of 5 essential parts, (Graphic Card, Processor, Ram, Mobo) is there still something which can still make my pc unable to boot? Even with all new parts except PSU, fans and the case?

Last edited:
Solution
You could contact them and see if they'll offer to send both the GPU and power supply and they'll check.
650w should be more than enough, either an rm650x or supernova g2 evga both are great.

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
How old is that PSU? Were you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Can you elaborate on "same overclock settings, they were stable?"

225x18@1.343V It was stable for months.

All parts are 3 years old except new GPU, it's been just few hours.

It was stable but I resetted the bios when I tried to fix my old GPU.

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
But my psu was even ok with R9 280x Tri-X OC, which consumes more power than Rx 570. So you say thats a PSU failure and it needs to replaced? I'm not sure if it's not providing enough power.
Thanks.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
The Rx580 sucks more power than the R9 280X you had.
I would agree with the rest on changing the power supply as it could be the issue here, the power supply you have is a tier 3 power supply, and with the card you went with you're probably better off buying a new power supply.

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
The Rx580 sucks more power than the R9 280X you had.
I would agree with the rest on changing the power supply as it could be the issue here, the power supply you have is a tier 3 power supply, and with the card you went with you're probably better off buying a new power supply.

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is after that thing happened, I tried the rig with a Nvdia 1050ti, it didn't work. Maybe new gpu messed the psu up and thats why it won't work with 1050 Ti?

(Also it is Rx 570, not Rx 580, sorry for giving the specs wrong, I edited it.)

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
There is not such thing as a GPU will miss up a power supply, usually if the power supply is not stable enough it will fry anything in the computer, and probably it fried your GPU in your case. I wouldn't really try with a 1050Ti if the power supply is not 100% stable, it would burn your 1050Ti as well and you'll be in a loss.

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
There is not such thing as a GPU will miss up a power supply, usually if the power supply is not stable enough it will fry anything in the computer, and probably it fried your GPU in your case. I wouldn't really try with a 1050Ti if the power supply is not 100% stable, it would burn your 1050Ti as well and you'll be in a loss.

1050Ti is ok, thanks, I will try my Rx 570 on another rig to see if it's working, I hope it is. Is there any chance that Rx 570 got fried too?

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
Guys, my psu was actually ok, I am planning to complete the upgrade by buying B450M, Ryzen 5 2600 and 1x8gb of ram, is there anyway it still won't work? Like, I'm getting 4 of 5 essential parts, (Graphic Card, Processor, Ram, Mobo) is there still something which can still make my pc unable to boot? Even with all new parts except PSU, fans and the case?

TRENDING THREADS