Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
MY PC
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming
Ryzen 5 1700 3600Mhz
8GB 2400 Mhz
AMD Radeon Graphics card 5700 2GBDDR5
EVO 600w SMPS

It all started when suddenly my PC crashed with the BSOD stating "critical process died". After which when I restarted it directly went to "Automatic repair". From then on whatever I did, I was not able to boot into the OS. It would load the logo and 2 or 3 loading circles later it would crash with the same error. Reset this PC, Restore, Startup everything fails to progress. Used command prompt and tried SFC and chkdsk. It reported it found few errors and fixed them, but still the same issue.

So i disconnected the SSD the OS was installed, left the HDD as it is, Created USB installation media using another PC and tried to reinstall the OS. But the boot goes into installation media and loads the logo and restarted, and this repeated forever.

Next I tried creating installation media for LibreElec which i know is a light weight OS and would let me play movies, so i can confirm that everything else is working. But unfortunately that also failed.

Can someone suggest what next I can do?

UPDATE: 23-Jun-2021: I reflashed the BIOS today. After that it did allow me to install the OS into my SSD. It loaded few times with limited video graphics and stopped working again

Last edited:
Solution
Try a new CMOS battery just a a matter of elimination.

= = = =

How old is that EVO 600w PSU?

New, Refurbished, Used? Heavy gaming use or mining use?

Do you have access to another known working PSU that you can swap in and determine if the crashes end?

If you or someone you know has a multi-meter and knows how to use it then you can do some testing.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However any voltages out of tolerance would indicate a faltering/failing PSU.

Ralston18

Titan

= = = =

Do you have access to another known working PSU that you can swap in and determine if the crashes end?

If you or someone you know has a multi-meter and knows how to use it then you can do some testing.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However any voltages out of tolerance would indicate a faltering/failing PSU.

Solution

ramkithepower

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021

= = = =

It was new PSU when i bought it 3 years ago. I have not been using it much. Average usage would be 1-2 hours in a day. I have updated some new events from today. Please go through them as well.