Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
So, I have a :
AMD FX8350
4gb RAM DDR3
ASROCK 960GM-VGS3FX
InterTech source 750W
ATI RADEON SAPHIRE HD 5380

So, it was fully working before but I had to leave town for a couple of months. When I came back it would not show anything on the screen when using dedicated video card and glitched and blocked when using the mobo one. I have cleaned everything with G-20, did a clean windows install and now the integrated video card works properly. The problem is the pc will not detect the dedicated one althrough the fan spins. I have selected PCI-E as primary in bios and tried disabling the mobo one, but it will still not show anything on the screen when the cable is plugged in the dedicated card. The card is properly pluged in, and alimented by 2 6pin cables.

Solution
You could try a different PCIE slot to see if that helps, but your GPU may be dead. Possibly it being old and after sitting for a while, when power hit it, it didn't want to work anymore. I have experienced this with a couple of computers. They run for a while and when you restart them, they just don't come back on anymore and the processor is dead.

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014
You could try a different PCIE slot to see if that helps, but your GPU may be dead. Possibly it being old and after sitting for a while, when power hit it, it didn't want to work anymore. I have experienced this with a couple of computers. They run for a while and when you restart them, they just don't come back on anymore and the processor is dead.

Solution