Question PC not displaying and fans not slowing?

Oct 12, 2019
Hi,

So I built a new PC yesterday which I had a small problem with displaying anything to the screen. I took the GPU out and put it back in again and it seemed to then work.

I then woke up today, attempted to turn it on and it wasnt displaying anything again, but this time the fans weren't quietening down after the initial start like they should do. I then turned it off and on again and it worked. This has now happened again today and I don't know what could be causing it.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master 212 Black Edition
Mobo - MSI X570-A Pro
GPU - MSI RTX 2060 VS OC 6Gb
Ram - 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz
Storage - Intel M.2 NVMe 1.02Tb
PSU - SeaSonic Mk12II 520w

Any help? :/

Thanks
Tom

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
You should try pressing and holding the Delete key when your PC starts up. This will bring you to the BIOS menu, then you can modify the fans speeds from within the BIOS Menu. If you can't access the BIOS menu then you might have to short the CMOS jumper to reset the BIOS settings. Here's a link to your Motherboard's manual if you've lost or misplaced your physical manual that came with your motherboard. Just go to the page that tells you where the CMOS Jumper is located on the motherboard and follow the instructions. But try accessing the BIOS menu first and changing the fan speeds from there, they might be set to DC instead of PWM, so just change that if you can and restart your PC.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X570-A-PRO#down-manual

Oct 12, 2019
You should try pressing and holding the Delete key when your PC starts up. This will bring you to the BIOS menu, then you can modify the fans speeds from within the BIOS Menu. If you can't access the BIOS menu then you might have to short the CMOS jumper to reset the BIOS settings. Here's a link to your Motherboard's manual if you've lost or misplaced your physical manual that came with your motherboard. Just go to the page that tells you where the CMOS Jumper is located on the motherboard and follow the instructions. But try accessing the BIOS menu first and changing the fan speeds from there, they might be set to DC instead of PWM, so just change that if you can and restart your PC.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X570-A-PRO#down-manual

Thanks for the reply however that isn't the main problem :/ When the PC actually does display something on the screen the fans do what they're supposed to

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Thanks for the reply however that isn't the main problem :/ When the PC actually does display something on the screen the fans do what they're supposed to

So it's more of a display problem than a fan one? You've plugged the HDMI or Displayport cable into the back of the GPU. Double check to make sure your PSU cables are completely connected to the motherboard, you'd be surprised at how many times the problem is just loose cable. If you are using a Displayport cable, then try using a HDMI cable instead. If that still doesn't work, then you might have to reset your BIOS settings. It won't delete anything on your PC, so don't worry about that. Just make sure you unplug everything from the PC before you do reset your BIOS (including any USB peripheral).

Oct 12, 2019
So it's more of a display problem than a fan one? You've plugged the HDMI or Displayport cable into the back of the GPU. Double check to make sure your PSU cables are completely connected to the motherboard, you'd be surprised at how many times the problem is just loose cable. If you are using a Displayport cable, then try using a HDMI cable instead. If that still doesn't work, then you might have to reset your BIOS settings. It won't delete anything on your PC, so don't worry about that. Just make sure you unplug everything from the PC before you do reset your BIOS (including any USB peripheral).
Yeah, but the fan's mess up the same time the display does. I've got it plugged in with HDMI and yeah it's in the GPU itself. I've checked cables inside and they all seem firmly in. I've also tried to flash the BIOS but am having problems with the MSI mflash finding the USB stick plugged into it :/ Do I need to unplug parts out of the computer too? Cause I've seen two MSI videos, one from 2014 where you just put the files onto a USB stick and go into BIOS and flash, and another where you press the Flash Button on the mobo at the I/O shiled and in the MSI video they had no parts (cpu, ram, etc) connected?