Question PC not displaying anything after taking out ram and reinserting it

Aug 3, 2024
Hello everybody! Just two days ago or so I wanted to look for some extra ram to buy and tried to search for the exact model number for my current one inside Windows, but didn't get any good results. That was when I decided to take my PC apart and get the RAM out of it, so I could look at the sticker on it. After a bit of a hassle, I managed to get it out. By "hassle", I mean lifting only one side of the RAM out because the other side is stuck, so pushing it back in, then taking my time wiggling it out evenly until I finally got it out. I believe this was because it's a single lock motherboard & that RAM has never been taken out in the last 5+ years. I used vinyl gloves to take it out and touched only the sides of it. Not sure if this means anything though.
Then I decided to put it back in as it was before and since then, it stopped working. Took a look at like 2 forum posts, where somebody said to reseat the CPU and clear the CMOS. Did just that, still nothing.
Last thing I did was disconnecting my GPU, hard drives & putting the RAM into the second slot (as you could see in the video). Monitor and HDMI cables are fine as I'm using them right now with my laptop.

Since I don't have any spare parts or a motherboard speaker, I am going to look for a service/person next week that has them and can test my stuff to conclude what's wrong.
Other than this, I'd be glad to receive and answer any comments regarding the situation, what might've gone wrong or if you notice anything unusual in the video.
https://streamable.com/nzh0ea (video sometimes zooms due to censoring private stuff)

* also now im wondering after reading shortstuff_mt's troubleshooting guide if i pressed the ram back in hard enough, but in the video the little plastic clip of the socket is in the ram, so it should be right, no?
* haven't tried the eraser method yet, idk if it's worth a try

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your video shows ram in slot B1, your manual states to have your ram(if using a single stick) in slot A1. Also, what ram are you working with as of this moment? Why not just pick up a dual channel memory kit? Speaking of, what processor do you have in the socket?

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Hello everybody! Just two days ago or so I wanted to look for some extra ram to buy and tried to search for the exact model number for my current one inside Windows, but didn't get any good results. That was when I decided to take my PC apart and get the RAM out of it, so I could look at the sticker on it. After a bit of a hassle, I managed to get it out. By "hassle", I mean lifting only one side of the RAM out because the other side is stuck, so pushing it back in, then taking my time wiggling it out evenly until I finally got it out. I believe this was because it's a single lock motherboard & that RAM has never been taken out in the last 5+ years. I used vinyl gloves to take it out and touched only the sides of it. Not sure if this means anything though.
Then I decided to put it back in as it was before and since then, it stopped working. Took a look at like 2 forum posts, where somebody said to reseat the CPU and clear the CMOS. Did just that, still nothing.
Last thing I did was disconnecting my GPU, hard drives & putting the RAM into the second slot (as you could see in the video). Monitor and HDMI cables are fine as I'm using them right now with my laptop.

Since I don't have any spare parts or a motherboard speaker, I am going to look for a service/person next week that has them and can test my stuff to conclude what's wrong.
Other than this, I'd be glad to receive and answer any comments regarding the situation, what might've gone wrong or if you notice anything unusual in the video.
https://streamable.com/nzh0ea (video sometimes zooms due to censoring private stuff)

* also now im wondering after reading shortstuff_mt's troubleshooting guide if i pressed the ram back in hard enough, but in the video the little plastic clip of the socket is in the ram, so it should be right, no?
* haven't tried the eraser method yet, idk if it's worth a try
You should disconnect the power from the power outlet and then press the start button to drain any power before removing any components. There is still power present on the motherboard as long as one is connected to an electrical outlet.