Question PC not Posting. Components work on different system

Osga53

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
Summary of my problem: PC was built progressively but has had the same config fir almost a year. Problems started after switching cards. Stutters with lagged noise and frames from time to time. Less often but it would also freeze up and need a hard reset. Recently it started completely shutting down and now it won't Post. VGA led is on.

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Asus Strix gaming F
16gb RAM ddr4 GSkill ripjaws V
RTX 3060ti Asus dual
pSU corsair rm 750

For as long as I had this configuration the pc hasn't had the smoothest operations. I game and render (UE/After effects/blender) on this pc and performance has always been what is expected of the system. It has never throttled or shut down when it is being pushed. Temps are also controled.
However, it has a stuttering problem. It will lag the sound and image for less than a second and resume. This happens often and at idle or when working/playing games.
A second problem is that ot wpuld stop responding. Any program would stop working. If music was playing it would just be a loop. I would try to close any wondow open and they would not respond. Ctrl alt delete doddnt work but clicking on the taskbar and start menu would bring up the menus but they didn't respond. I always had to hard reset.
Now it completly shut down and won't post.

What I've tried so far:
I tried every slot of ram.
Reseating gpu
Switching cables from the PSU
I tried bothy GPU and Ram on a different system and they work!!

That's why I'm making this post, because I don't know how else to troubleshoot this problem.
Should I try switching CPU's??

Lutfij

Titan
PC was built progressively but has had the same config fir almost a year.
Define progressively. Are you referring to gradually upgrading parts? If so, what were you on and what parts did you swap out?

What OS are you on? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? Is this the motherboard you're working with? per your manual, try with only one stick of ram, populating slot A2 on the board to see if you can get POST. How old is the PSU in your build? Did you clear the CMOS on the motherboard?

Osga53

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
Sry for the late reply.
Please expound on this aspect of your troubleshooting. What do you mean, exactly?
I mean to say this isn't a pc built from the ground up and has seen different combinations of parts untill I reached the one I have now. Which is new with the exception of RAM and an HDD. Maybe it's irrelevant info tbh. But I do think problems happened after I switched the newest component : GPU

PC was built progressively but has had the same config fir almost a year.
Define progressively. Are you referring to gradually upgrading parts? If so, what were you on and what parts did you swap out?

What OS are you on? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? Is this the motherboard you're working with? per your manual, try with only one stick of ram, populating slot A2 on the board to see if you can get POST. How old is the PSU in your build? Did you clear the CMOS on the motherboard?
I think problems started to happen when I switched an old gtx960 with a PNY 3060ti.
System wasn't stable and temps were off the chart. I always use ddu when I switch cards. This wasn't an exception. Then i returned it and got an asus dual 3060ti.
System ran fine but I started noticing the "hickups" within the first month. I never got to return it because i thought it might be RAM and I needed to get renders out... This problem never happened when rendering.
Then it started freezing completly forcing me to hard reset.

I have tried every step in the stickied thread.
I cleared the CMOS.
I tried every ram config.
I have tried switching ram and graphics card to a stable system and they work.
I just didn't change the CPU cause that requires much more time and I don't think I have enough paste at hand.
My PSU is a corsair RM750(2019). I got it almost 1 year ago after a seasonic gx750 died. I don't remember well bit I don't think any of these components was in my system when tht happened. Apart from the ram.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I mean to say this isn't a pc built from the ground up and has seen different combinations of parts untill I reached the one I have now. Which is new with the exception of RAM and an HDD. Maybe it's irrelevant info tbh. But I do think problems happened after I switched the newest component : GPU

My question was in response to this:

"Switching cables from the PSU "

Did you at any point mix the cables from one PSU to another and power it on?

If so, this likely would have caused severe damage to the equipment and/or power supply and is a likely cause for a dead system.

Osga53

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
My question was in response to this:

"Switching cables from the PSU "

Did you at any point mix the cables from one PSU to another and power it on?

If so, this likely would have caused severe damage to the equipment and/or power supply and is a likely cause for a dead system.
No no. I meant that I connected the pcie cable to a different pcie port on the PSU since it has two