[SOLVED] PC not posting...

Solution
Unless the ASRock B450M PRO4 was BIOS updated before selling it to you or if the board was already produced with a new version of the BIOS on it
The ASRock B450M PRO4 requires a BIOS update to support the Ryzen 3600.

Only the "MAX" version of a board like the B450 Tomahawk MAX support the Ryzen 3000 out of the box in the B450 OR motherboard that has "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the box and not "Ryzen 3000 supported". Recent B450 motherboard probably has the BIOS update already but you can't know for how long that board was on the shelf.

If this is your issue you will need a Ryzen 2000 series to flash your BIOS and then install the 3600. You can even lend a CPU kit from AMD for that exact reason. Link below...
Unless the ASRock B450M PRO4 was BIOS updated before selling it to you or if the board was already produced with a new version of the BIOS on it

Only the "MAX" version of a board like the B450 Tomahawk MAX support the Ryzen 3000 out of the box in the B450 OR motherboard that has "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the box and not "Ryzen 3000 supported". Recent B450 motherboard probably has the BIOS update already but you can't know for how long that board was on the shelf.

If this is your issue you will need a Ryzen 2000 series to flash your BIOS and then install the 3600. You can even lend a CPU kit from AMD for that exact reason. Link below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Reactions: Yoooooooooaaaaaaa
Solution
Oct 8, 2020

If this is your issue you will need a Ryzen 2000 series to flash your BIOS and then install the 3600. You can even lend a CPU kit from AMD for that exact reason. Link below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Thing is tho the box said Ryzen 3000 ready. I'll see if I can ask amd for a loan processor tho

Thing is tho the box said Ryzen 3000 ready. I'll see if I can ask amd for a loan processor tho

Your CPU power cable is plugged properly?

The 24 pin power cable is plugged properly?

The monitor is plugged on the GPU and not the motherboard?

The GPU PCie cable is connected properly?

GPU properly seated in the PCie slot?

The RAM is seated properly and in the good slots which is A2, B2 for 2 sticks?

Did you try unplugging the system, unplugging the PSU, removing the battery for like 30 minutes?

Oct 8, 2020
Your CPU power cable is plugged properly?

The 24 pin power cable is plugged properly?

The monitor is plugged on the GPU and not the motherboard?

The GPU PCie cable is connected properly?

The RAM is seated properly and in the good slots which is A2, B2 for 2 sticks?

Did you try unplugging the system, unplugging the PSU, removing the battery for like 30 minutes?

Yup, did all of that

Oct 8, 2020
if you're sure that you did everything correctly then it's probably the BIOS that needs the update OR you have a faulty part somewhere.

Did you try with only 1 stick of RAM in A2?
Yup

After reading your other comment I actually think the bios does need an update, since I really hope I didn’t get a second doa motherboard. Tysm bro