[SOLVED] Pc not powering up

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,

my pc was working fine without any problems and while iam playing it turned off from itself and kept powering up for like 1 sec and turn off and repeat i tried to remove and re install all the parts but still not working only when i completely removed the graphic card it powered up fine but when i installed it even without the 8 pins connector it didn't power up.

mobo: msi Z97 gaming5
CPU: core i5 4440
GPU: gtx 1060 3gb
PSU: cooler master 500 watt
Memory: 2 x4gb hyperx

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Most likely a power supply issue, for simplicity sake it probably burnt the 12v power section that goes to your pcie connectors. If you can try it with a different gpu or a different PSU to check for that exact issue, otherwise try a full bios reset just for odd chance thats all it needs.

Pull your CMOS battery, unplug the power cord and let sit for a while. I had this work for me actually where when i upgraded my GPU i kept getting a boot loop. after the reset I managed to get in!

Reactions: Amgydales
Jan 21, 2021
Most likely a power supply issue, for simplicity sake it probably burnt the 12v power section that goes to your pcie connectors. If you can try it with a different gpu or a different PSU to check for that exact issue, otherwise try a full bios reset just for odd chance thats all it needs.

Pull your CMOS battery, unplug the power cord and let sit for a while. I had this work for me actually where when i upgraded my GPU i kept getting a boot loop. after the reset I managed to get in!
tried to reset bios but still not working unfortunately i don't have spare PSU or GPU to try them

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
tried to reset bios but still not working unfortunately i don't have spare PSU or GPU to try them
Depending on your location (I'm Canadian) Newegg has sales on their power supplies, and I know Canada Computers had a sale on too. Avoid anything that doesn't have solid reviews (3+ stars) or at lease a fair amount of reviews as It's not worth saving a few bucks to cheap out on a power supply. You'll end up in this same situation in an unknown amount of time.

Search in the forums here and there are a ton of recommendations on power supplies for all budgets and purposes!

Reactions: Amgydales