Question PC not turning on

Mar 23, 2024
when i turn my PC on the CPU light turns on and the fans slightly move then it turns off all in about a tenth of a second then wont even do that again until the PSU is switched off and on. cables and connections have been checked, tried different ram, no ram, different CPU and CPU fans, brand new PSU and tried turning it on with a screwdriver on the motherboard while getting the same result every time. The PC was working fine then started turning off during during playing games and would do exactly what i described before but would eventually turn back on. any help would be appreciated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X
CPU Cooler: stock AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X cooler
Motherboard:MSI B550-A Pro Motherboard
Memory: Kingston Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Storage: Kingston SSD and a samsung m.2 SSD unsure of exact size and models
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 8G
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50 ARGB TG Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: ST60F-ES230 this is brand new

other parts i tried were
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Power Supply:MAG-A650BN
Memory:crucial ballistix ddr4 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) ram 2666mhz

Mar 23, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MSI B550-A Pro Motherboard
Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? They should be populating slots A2 and B2. Make sure that they are seated fully/properly.

While breadboarded, see if you can reflash the BIOS;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/B550-APRO_EN.pdf
page 50, Flash BIOS button.
Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry for the late reply, i was quite busy and trying to reflash the BIOS took longer than expected bcs i didnt want to turn the PC off while reflashing, but i did have to both times. I tried what you said and used only slot A2, then i tried A2 and B2 and got the same result for both. I also tried to reflash the BIOS, but not sure if i did it correctly. I downloaded the zip file, extracted it then renamed that folder to MSI.ROM (file path would be MSI.ROM\7C56vAH\ then the AH0 file) then placed it into the root of an empty USB, i then tried reflashing it but the motherboard "flash BIOS button" wouldnt stop flashing for over 24 hours. so then i opened the MSI.ROM folder and changed the folder name of that one inside it to MSI.ROM (so now the file path is just MSI.ROM\ then the AH0 file) and i got the same result. do you know if i did something wrong when reflashing the BIOS? thought id add i also double checked each time that the USB was in the left slot under the "flash BIOS button" each time.