PC not working Windows

Sai_17

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
I have a Dell inspiron 2330 and ive been using it for 2 years. About 6 months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked fine. Then I restored my PC to factory settings and it worked fine for a few weeks. Then I got many BSODs so I did a lot of research and nothing works. I get BSOD and then I get this : no boot device press f1 to restart boot or press f2 to boot from a device or something like that. Or it would give me many different errors. I did the following:
-Factory reset 2 times
-driver updates
-Windows reinstall 2 times
-safe mode driver check
It seems to be the HDD that doesn't work but something Windows works for like 5 mins and then it starts all over.
Please help.

Solution
On a spare computer, download win 10 creation tool from : here
create a dvd or usb (your choice)
change boot order so whatever you made is 1st, hdd second
boot pc up and on second screen after it asks for language choices, select repair this pc, not install
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up repair - this will scan pc and hopefully fix you problem - it will ask for logon details

see how that goes, ask for help if it doesn't work :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
On a spare computer, download win 10 creation tool from : here
create a dvd or usb (your choice)
change boot order so whatever you made is 1st, hdd second
boot pc up and on second screen after it asks for language choices, select repair this pc, not install
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up repair - this will scan pc and hopefully fix you problem - it will ask for logon details

see how that goes, ask for help if it doesn't work :)

Solution

Sai_17

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

I already tried that but i will try again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have the option at the BiOS/start-up screen to press the F12 key to get to Boot options? Not sure of your configuration, but that might get you to some recovery/diagnostic options to try.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19651115

you might need to choose the reset windows option in the menu next to troubleshoot, it will reinstall win 10 fresh - you get to keep files and settings, or wipe it all

you should have come here and asked about bsod, we may have been able to fix them without you reinstalling multiple times.

Sai_17

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

I did try a reset but after 1 or 2 days after the reset the problom starts all over.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/your-pc-needs-to-be-repaired-error-on-windows-10

if they don't work, I would do a fresh install of win 10 using the usb/dvd you made earlier. follow these steps: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

I guess you know how to swap boot order to boot off it?

fresh install will at least mean the bios matches the drive install method. Its likely the bsod are drivers, they almost always are. we will need to figure that out once pc is stable. IT currently doesn't even load.

Sai_17

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
i THINK i solved the problem. Here is what i did:
1.Downloaded windows 8.1 and put it on a usb.
2.Boot into the usb
3.Press Shift+f10 to open cmd in the setup page.
4.Clean and delete all partitions
5.Install Windows 10
6. Finish the setup.

Sai_17

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

I dont have the windows 10 disk. But Thank you for your help. You gave me the idea to do this. Though i am not 100% sure about this.

Sai_17

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

True