Question Pc only boots when manually selected in bios (boot order is correct)

Aug 7, 2024
I changed cpu, motherboard and RAM, and now my pc wont boot. Windows boot manager on my m.2 is first in boot order. My specs are : asus prime z790-p wifi, i5-13600k, 4060ti, 2x16 ddr5 teamgroup delta, psu 550w(maybe the problem?) and my bios is on the latest version
My old setup was i5-10400f with 2 corsair ram and 2 teamgroup so i had to make them run slower for them to work. But now with new everything except graphic card it doesn’t boot to windows. I can boot to windows bluescreen when i go in bios and choose the bootmanager but it wont do it on itself and i tried clean install of windows but whenever it reboots i need to fully close and go back to bios and choose the bootmanager for it to continue installing.
Edit : i was able to finish clean install but i still need to go in bios and manually select it for it to boot in windows… the bios time was 77sec idk if it counts the time i was selecting the boot tho
Edit 2 : i can now use windows but everytime i want to go in windows i have to do the following : 1.Turn on computer and goes to black screen, 2.Force turn off the pc by holding power button, 3.turn on again the computer and it shows that it booted in safe mode the bios i press f1 to enter setup, 4.i go in the bios and go advanced>boot and select the m.2 ssd boot manager, 5.it boots windows

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I changed cpu, motherboard and RAM, and now my pc wont boot.
Did you reinstall the OS after deleting all partitions on the drive you intended to install the OS onto? Did you have all other drives disconnected from the platform except the drive you intended to install the OS onto, prior to install? Where did you source the installer for the OS?

psu 550w(maybe the problem?) and my bios is on the latest version
What BIOS version are you currently on? Make and model of your storage drive(s)? 550W is the advertised wattage of the unit, what is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

My old setup was i5-10400f with 2 corsair ram and 2 teamgroup so i had to make them run slower for them to work.
You need to stop mixing and matching ram kits. On second thoughts, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Since you mentioned a platform upgrade, we'll be seeing a before and after of your specs for semblance.

Aug 7, 2024

Did you reinstall the OS after deleting all partitions on the drive you intended to install the OS onto? Did you have all other drives disconnected from the platform except the drive you intended to install the OS onto, prior to install? Where did you source the installer for the OS?

What BIOS version are you currently on? Make and model of your storage drive(s)? 550W is the advertised wattage of the unit, what is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

My old setup was i5-10400f with 2 corsair ram and 2 teamgroup so i had to make them run slower for them to work.
You need to stop mixing and matching ram kits. On second thoughts, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Since you mentioned a platform upgrade, we'll be seeing a before and after of your specs for semblance.
Ill do that when ill come back since i am at work and only have the models i remember

Aug 7, 2024

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

When i re installed windows it was windows that said i needed to and it asked me if i wanted to keep my files or full reinstall and i did keep my files so i still have my documents downloads and things like that but no apps, games, launchers and settings are reset like when you re install

When i re installed windows it was windows that said i needed to and it asked me if i wanted to keep my files or full reinstall and i did keep my files so i still have my documents downloads and things like that but no apps, games, launchers and settings are reset like when you re install
Please show screenshots from
BIOS - boot priority settings and​
Disk Management (with all drives visible).​
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Aug 7, 2024

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

The windows install was made from the windows blue screen and i chose to keep my files.
BIOS : version 1661
CPU: i5-13600k
CPU cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R V2
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z790-P WIFI
Ram: Team T-Force Delta RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000
m.2 : INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8
ssd : Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
PSU: Gigabyte P550B 80+ bronze (came with the prebuilt ~4 years ago)
Chassis: DeepCool CH560 ATX Airflow case
Monitor 1 : MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 27" Wqhd 165Hz IPS
Monitor 2 : 27" Odyssey G32A FHD 165Hz 1ms
Thanks for trying to help