• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Pc only starts after CMOS clearing!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vov4ik_il

Prominent
Mar 23, 2020
I tried to find the CMOS memory IC, but I really don't Know where is it. Could you help me to locate it? Coud be something like this?
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32756151599.html
Nope. CMOS memory is either a standalone NVRAM ic or is contained inside SMC (system management controller), it acts similar to system RAM (needs power to maintain memory). The one you link is a BIOS ROM, it does not need power to maintain its content. I believe I wrote it up higher in this thread. It is usually located close to the battery plug but can be anywhere the manufacturer found some room to place it.
Test booting up without the battery - it should load up BIOS defaults every time.
Edit: I do not think the LGA 1150 board is worth the labor in this case.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS