[SOLVED] PC only starts after i hold the power button for 2-3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2022
So i am having this problem where my pc only starts after i press the power button for the second time or i have to hold the power button for 2 seconds , any fixes ? it used to get on after i lightly pressed my power button

Solution
Thanks!

Are you familiar with opening up your computer to look around or check cables and stuff? You could try take off the side of your case, just to ensure all the cables are in correctly and none are loose. Just make sure all your peripherals are disconnect along with the power cord. Then make sure to touch something metal that's touching the ground, before checking. It's easy to do.

It could be an easy fix like that.

Otherwise, I guess it could be more hardware related, and we can try diagnose.
Feb 1, 2022
processor : i5 10400
motherboard : gigabyte h410m h v3
ram : corsair vengeance 1x16 gb ddr4 3200 mhz
graphic card : Gtx 1660 Gigabyte OC
power supply : Corsair cv550 550w

Reactions: elitening
Thanks!

Are you familiar with opening up your computer to look around or check cables and stuff? You could try take off the side of your case, just to ensure all the cables are in correctly and none are loose. Just make sure all your peripherals are disconnect along with the power cord. Then make sure to touch something metal that's touching the ground, before checking. It's easy to do.

It could be an easy fix like that.

Otherwise, I guess it could be more hardware related, and we can try diagnose.

Solution
processor : i5 10400
motherboard : gigabyte h410m h v3
ram : corsair vengeance 1x16 gb ddr4 3200 mhz
graphic card : Gtx 1660 Gigabyte OC
power supply : Corsair cv550 550w

So not a very old build.

What's weird is that the power button on your case connects to the motherboard. So it's more likely this is a motherboard issue.

So when you press the power button the first time, the PC does absolutely nothing?

Does it do this all of the time or are you turning the power off at the back of the PSU and then trying to turn it on from the front button when this happens?

Reactions: elitening
Status
Not open for further replies.